The Shores Resort & Spa
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$142
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
US$119
Best Western Aku Tiki Inn(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
US$133
Perry's Ocean Edge Resort(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
US$168
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$118
Lexington Inn & Suites(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$114
El Caribe Resort & Conference Center(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$127
Bahama House(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$151
Agoda.com
Grand Prix Motel(Daytona Beach Shores)
US$73
US$67
Agoda.com
1,532 results
All reviewsfire pitazure restaurantchef loucabana roomvalet staffself parkfront deskbeautiful resortpool areahot tubocean frontbeach accesslove this placebike weekclintontikihenry
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here on our wedding night. We knew about staying there as a gift from family ahead of time, but not about which room and what was supposed to be awaiting us. If my mother in-law hadn't called to see what we thought of the room, the Shore's resort and spa would have gotten away with charging us for a premium large patio room and giving us a regular ocean view. Nothing was said at check in. There was also supposed to be campaign and chocolate strawberries waiting for us, three total calls had to be made before it arrived. After multiple calls trying to correct the room problems, we were told that the difference would be charged back and our dinner would be comped. Dinner was never comped and the wrong card was charged for out breakfast causing even more problems, apparently it takes longer than 45 minutes for room service to show up on your tab.

The room we were given was decent, we were two floors below the banquet rooms and enjoyed playing "name that muffled party tune" going on till past midnight. Wasn't so bad as we couldn't sleep, but if you're a light sleeper it would be a problem.

The pool area was nice, we enjoyed the hot tub, nice layout were two couples can relax and not be on top of each other. More than that there's no privacy. When we returned the next morning the hot tub was not working properly and later the hot tub drained itself past the seats and those were dry, no sign posted about being under repair.

We were not the only party with problems. At check out there was a family that had reserved three rooms, but those were booked when they had arrived and were bumped up as a courtesy, but were being charged for the upgrade. Plus it also sounded like there were multiple other discrepancies in their bill at check out.

As we left we received a halfhearted "We hope you come back and let make it up to you for your anniversary" We are still awaiting them to correct the current lingering problems before that would be remotely considered.

After multiple calls trying to correct everything on Saturday (the night of out stay) and through out Sunday, my mother in-law called around 3 and was told the reason that our calls had not been returned was because they are dealing with so many complaints right now.

As a final note, we would not stay here nor recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank FlaBearsFan79
Reviewed 22 June 2014

At first, I was a little suspect of the hotel as I got there late (1am) and there was no bellman and the place was desolate. This nice lady had to check me in, park my car, etc. Someone must have called in sick as the next morning was a completely different experience! My room had 2 queen post beds and the posts totally got in. The way of the television. Who needs TV on the beach? I did-Rafa playing I the finals of the French Open:). It was all good! My group wished there were bigger,better TV's in the Tiki hut but the drinks & sunshine made up for it!
My room was on the beach with an incredible view! Very comfortable bed, very clean, EXCELLENT service!! The restaurant gets an A!! So good we didn't go anywhere else the whole trip! For breakfast, the buffet was good. Lunch-go with Turkey Avacado salad to the BEST grilled cheese ever!! Dinner-Seared grouper, filet and crab legs rocked! We ordered them all and shared! Destiny, the cook, came out to our group to talk about my friend's gluten free challenges.
Kerry at the main bar was a highlight of our trip! Talk about customer service! We sat at the bar for breakfast & lunch! Couldn't wait to see her smiling face and calm under pressure demeanor! She got soooooo busy and just jammed! Give her a raise! LOL! She deserves it!
Last, but certainly not least, my favorite part of my trip. . 80 minute massage with Teresa!! You know, how you go out of town and are suspect about the services when you are a spa junkie. . .
Seriously, she is as good as any massage therapist I've had in the world. I tried to book another but she was booked solid:(
Needless to say, I would visit again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: When I go again, I'd get the wrap around balcony room or for sure a king bed balcony room! Oceanfront!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
shoresresort, Manager at The Shores Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

We're flattered to hear your kind comments about our staff. We're pleased you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing the Shores resort.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed in rooms 116 & 117 here on a girlfriend getaway weekend. These Oceanside rooms have great view of the deck area and ocean, with sliders with direct access to the pool deck and ocean, and a private deck area with seating. The rooms were perfect, nicely appointed with a beautiful, spacious bathroom. They were quite clean and comfy. The staff was professional, but genuinely friendly. Didn't visit restaurant or bar, but they looked very nice. The pool deck, tho crowded, was nice and attention to detail was present everywhere. One caveat about the deck side rooms, you may have a music speaker directly in front of your room, but we didn't mind too much. Music and festivities die down before bedtime. You must pay for parking, and it is a walk from the resort, but covered, in case of inclement weather. Have been here a few times and we think this place is getting a bit better, but it also seems to be getting pricier each time we stay. Still, the experience is always so nice that we keep coming back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

We're glad you liked your rooms and are happy to see returning guests. Thank you for choosing the Shores again!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We really enjoyed our stay in every way. One of the valets, Ulugbeck, was especially helpful in making our stay a pleasure. The only downside to our stay was that it was not long enough. I will definitely will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014

We're glad to hear you want to come back! Thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed here for two nights on a brief business trip. The hotel itself is lovely. I especially liked relaxing out on the deck at night. There are fire pits available and you can request a smores kit at the front desk. The bar is what you would expect at any beachy hotel and the food was decent. I ordered off of the bar menu one night and ate at the nicer restaurant the other. They are right next to each other and one of my co-workers preferred something off of the bar menu while I ate of the restaurant menu. The staff was very nice and accommodating about this. The food from both menus was good and priced decently. The hotel is right on the beach. The pool is rather small, but there is tons of seating for lounging in the sun. The room was nice. My co-worker was next to me and the room have exterior doors that close off so the rooms are almost "connected". I had a street view room, but it was on the end and could see the ocean perfectly (#725). One issue I had was that almost every single fixture in the room was somehow damaged or broken. Toilet paper holder came off, hair dryer was stuck on one setting, drawer knobs loose, etc. Probably from Spring Breaker abuse! However, I would expect that these things would be adequately repaired and not just "glued" back together. I would say overall the room was "okay" but nothing to rave about. One thing that left a sour taste in my mouth: after getting home, I called to find out why there was a $12.47? charge on my credit card and was told it was for a bottle of water used from the mini bar. First of all, a $12 bottle of water....really? Secondly, I didn't even open the mini bar! Management did nothing to try to rectify this and would not reverse the charge. I almost opened a case with the credit card company, but don't have much time or patience for that, so I just let it be. However, due to that, i will never be returning to this hotel again. If the management can't assist with a $12 charge that was made in error, I could not imagine how they would handle a larger issue, such as a problem with a room. Scary. So, yes the hotel is lovely. Location is good. But there is a lack of attention to detail and the "customer is NOT always right".

Room Tip: Anything ending in 25 is a street view, but is on the end and will give you a nice ocean view!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business