Grand Prix Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bahama House(Daytona Beach Shores)
View Hotel
Castaways Beach Resort(Daytona Beach Shores)
View Hotel
Oceanside Inn(Daytona Beach Shores)
  • Breakfast included
Sierra Suites(Daytona Beach)
View Hotel
Ocean Holiday Motel(Daytona Beach)
View Hotel
Studio 1 Motel(Daytona Beach)
View Hotel
El Caribe Resort & Conference Center(Daytona Beach Shores)
View Hotel
Beach House Inn(Daytona Beach)
Nautilus Inn(Daytona Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsnice poolsparkling cleanview of the oceanfridge and microwaveflat screen tveasy access to the beachfull kitchenpool deckdaytonachannelsshampooboardwalkstove
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Late afternoon and we had to get a place to stay for 1 night. Stopped at this motel and took a room. The room really smelled of smoke, the matresses where Dirty, and the Ac made a lot of noise when it was on. We had a fridge and a Micro in the room, both really Dirty. The pool was really hot, that and the free wifi is the only positive we can say about the place. The manager (owner) was nice when we checked in but when we checked out he was not in his best mood. We will never waste our Money on this place again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Maria K
Reviewed 1 July 2013

this was my first stay at the hotel, and it was terrible.I talked to the owner a few days before i arrived, and he sounded really nice and friendly,but he was not. Me and my boyfriend checked in on friday june 28,2013, and was suppose to check out on sunday june 30,2013. our room smelled smokey, and there was hair in the bed, luckly i had my own sheets.that friday was okay.But saturday the 29th my birthday,was something else,we invited my brother and his family over to celebrate my birthday and all hell broke loose, the owner watched us the whole time,prior to my family arriving i did not see the owner since we checked in but now all of a sudden he appears. to make a long story short,we ended up leaving that saturday night, my company and i were in my room having dinner,when the owner knocked on the door and told my family they had to leave, and he said it in a rude way in front of the kids. my boyfriend and i was not happy,so we ended up leaving after a few words with the owner. I did not know until that night that my boyfriend was gonna ask me to marry him. so the owner messed that up.my boyfriend asked me when we got home that night and i said yes.so my message to travelers who stay at this hotel,be aware that the owner is not to friendly when you invite your family or friends over to his hotel to visit you.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Virginia P
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Me and a friend stayed at the Grand Prix for the weekend and loved it. Most of all the owner (Bill) was very nice and remember my name Ms. Watkins! The room and pool were clean. The location was great also.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 25 June 2013

After reading many positive reviews online, my girlfriend and I stayed at the Grand Prix Motel from 6/21/13 to 6/23/13 and were quite happy with our stay. Our room was on the upper floor near the middle of the building, and we had a nice view of the ocean. Based on the number of cars in the parking lot, I'd say the place was nearly full. We never had an issue finding a parking spot though. Our room was clean and comfortable, and did NOT smell like smoke as other reviewers mentioned. I was actually surprised to find a refrigerator and microwave in the room.

The pool was clean and had access directly to the beach.

The owner seemed to genuinely care about our satisfaction and taking care of the property. We will definitely stay here again in the future!

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms have a private balcony and better view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JeffBrady
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Booked at Grand Prix after reading some reviews. The owner was very accomodating, by upgrading us when we checked in to a kitchenette w/bigger fridge for our stuff. When we got to the upgrade room it was pretty spacious; however, ours was a non-smoking room and it was very apparent that the guests there before us smoked it up! Pee- ewee! The bed matresses were firm, firm, firm. And parking is horrible. Once you park, don't move your car or you will lose your spot. People parked on the shuffle board courts because there was no other parking. The pool is sparkling clean, but the tables and chairs are weathered and cracked - but useable and there were umbrellas to shade you from the sun if you chose. Saturday, housekeeping merely pulled our bed sheets up the threw the cover over them. It was obvious the bed wasn't made for us. And, they didn't empty the trash or change out the towels. We had to track him down to give us clean towels and we emptied our own trash. I am not snooty, but when I pay for a hotel stay, I pay the same price each night. I should have the same benefits of housekeeping service each night/day or I deserve a discount for not using housekeeping - yes I want my bed made, room cleaned, towels swapped and trash emptied. We had an oceanview room and were almost the furthest room from the beach. If I am going to treat myself to a weekend in Daytons, I prefer ocean front and probably won't be back. This is a good hotel for the price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends