“Great place to have some fun!”

Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - An All Inclusive Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I went for a short stay with friends and we had a great time. Once we arrived, we did the check in while having a fresh little pizza snack. We liked the view from our room: all the pools and the ocean at the bottom, but we loved more that we can hear the sound of the waves even with the windows close in our room. The dinner at the Sakura restaurant, japanesse style, was good. After that we had a great night watching the beautiful panamenian folfklore (interactive with the public, specially with the birthday guesses and bridal girl) and also we had more fun dancing at the disco, unless the music at the beginning was not good at all... but they got better after. Besides was July, the weather was great: fresh and sunny, super relaxing at the beach, having great company, music and view. We had the buffet lunch after the check out. I high recommend this all inclusive hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Antonio S, Gerente at Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - An All Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Dear Mrs. Aida L

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us.

We feel very happy to know that you were able to enjoy your stay in our facilities with good food and good service as you expected. This is very important for us.

We deeply value your relationship with Sheraton Bijao and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our guests deserve the very best. We hope to have you back soon again

If you have any further comments please feel free to discuss them with us.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hotel in July of this year, and we had a great time. We only stayed for a few nights. The resteraunts were very good,excellent food and great service. We loved the beach for something different, we enjoyed listening to the huge ocean waves. The outside area and lobby area of the hotel is very nice. One thing that really suprised us was that our bathroom was very dirty, we asked at the front desk for our room to be cleaned really well the next day (new shower curtain, the one we had was covered in dirt and mud) and it had not been with the same filthy shower curtain...we were also not given hand towels, which is fine and no big deal at all but when we asked for more because there were a huge stack in the hallway and it took a significant amount of time because they had to inquire about it. Those types of things were very suprising at a Sheraton. I am glad I went and we enjoyed ourselves for a few nights, but bathrooms need to be clean for new guests.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Antonio S, Gerente at Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - An All Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear Mrs. Jaymar25

We really appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Sheraton Bijao on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guest. As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us. And thank you for choosing Sheraton Bijao as your vacations destination.

We feel honored to receive your comments and suggestions which have helped us to identify opportunities for improvement. We apologize for the inconvenience that you have had with the bathroom. You can rest assure that we are currently working on that in order to offer a better service.

Thank you again Mrs. Jaymar25 for your time.

If you have any other comments or suggestion you can feel free to contact us.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

My wife and I arrived at the hotel around 2:00 pm. We were very politely told that check in wasn't until 3:00. "Are you guys hungry?" Yes! "Why don't you go down by the pool and have a nice lunch, by the time you're finished your room will be ready." I was liking this place already. After lunch we were told that our room was a Deluxe Garden View room. Turns out it was right next to the elevator. The view was of the front parking lot and about 15 square feet of flowers. The view wasn't a problem, but the possibility of elevator noise, people getting on and off all night long wasn't too appealing. (been there & done that before) Asked a nice man at the deck if we could have a different room away from the elevator. He said no problem, but it wouldn't be ready till 5:00 pm. He told us to change into our bathing suits and go down to the pool for a couple hours, which we did. Sometimes it pays to politely speak up when not totally happy. Our new room was nice and far from the elevator with a nice big balcony and an ocean view. (the first room didn't even have a balcony) Our room was kept nice and clean for our entire stay. It was kind of strange for us to seemingly be the only ones there from the U.S.A. Most people were locals from Panama, and others from South America. We did meet a few couples from Canada and another couple from South Africa. We were there for a total of three nights, arriving on a Sunday. We noticed a very large number of the guests were weekend guests and they left Sunday night. We pretty much had the place to ourselves. The pool was very nice and clean and hardly ever had more than a dozen people in it. The food at the buffet for breakfast and lunch was very good. The second and third nights we ate in the Mediterranean and Japanese restaurants and we found them to both be excellent. We took several walks on the beach, it was ok, but nothing to get excited about. We never went in the ocean so I can't comment on that. The staff was always smiling and ready to help with anything we needed. Overall we had a really great time staying here. This hotel was part of an 11 day vacation package setup for us by Panama Luxury Vacations (1-800-237-3237 Ex.2284) I mention this because we almost canceled the idea of going to Panama because we didn't know anything about Panama or who to trust. Parmelee Miller was our rep. and she made everything possible for us. She was excellent. I hope this review helps someone else to have a vacation as nice as ours.

6  Thank jad5d
Antonio S, Gerente at Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - An All Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Mr./Mrs. Jad5d

We really appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Sheraton Bijao on TripAdvisor! It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guest. As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us.

We feel very happy to see that you were able to enjoy our facilities, food and drinks and that you received an excellent treat of our staff. The fact that you enjoyed our hotel is very important to us.

We hope to have you back soon again!

If you have any other comments or suggestion you can feel free to contact us.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I went there with my boyfriend. I needed to relax and enjoy my vacations, but the service was awful. We went to eat breakfast and we put our towels on the table in order to take our table. When we got back our towel wasn't there, the only one was missing. We talked to everybody there and they didn't care about it. The staff just said that they didn't take anything (but of course they were) and that we had to pay $20 bucks for that missing towel. We talked with the manager because that towel was in that hotel and it was unfair that we had to pay for it. I don't care to pay $20 bucks, but they treated us like we were thieves and we did a robbery. Thats why I am so angry. TURST ME, I DONT NEED TO STEAL THINGS FROM ANY RESORT, especially I don't need a stupid towel. Whats about the respect that customers should receive? Where is our morality? I even asked the staff to check our baggage and they didn't want to do it, so that makes me think that this is a structured plan to defraud customers. However, not everything was too bad, the resort was beautiful, the beach was awesome and I liked the food. But I wont ever go back to that hotel and I will make sure to notify and warn everybody to don't go to that hotel because the attention and service is awful.

7  Thank Reina L

Dear Mrs. Reina L.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. At Sheraton Bijao, we take pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. We are actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable

We feel glad with the fact that you were able to enjoy our beach and our food and at the same time we regret the fact that you had to go through this inconvenience with the towels.

We would like to clarify that our policy regarding towels is that the same amount of cards that are provided at the time of check-in must be the same number of cards to be delivered at the time of check out. If not, there will be a charge for each card missing.

Although it is the policy of our hotel, it is not our desire that our guests feel the way you felt. This is a process that allows us better control. We never wanted to be offensive to our guest.

We appreciate your comments about the service. Rest assured that we always work to improve in these aspects.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniencies you experienced with this situation.

If you have any further comments please feel free to discuss them with us.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Great hotel for a quick getaway. Comfortable beds and clean, basic rooms (a little splash of color and wall decor can't hurt). Got a room facing the beach – beautiful view. The vast selection of pools and hot tubs is a plus, and the short distance from the rooms to the beach is wonderful. The service from MOST of the staff (front desk, bartenders, waiters, kitchen staff and lifeguards) was excellent, although I did have an issue with the towel lady (she was a little grumpy both times she handed us the towels). Food at the buffet, and during snack time was good (not great) and cannot complain about the selection, although the dessert variety could improve. Will definitely return, as it is a perfect hotel for relaxing.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the beach will not disappoint.
1  Thank InOctober
Antonio S, Gerente at Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - An All Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear Mr. InOctober

We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments from your last stay at our Sheraton Bijao on TripAdvisor. As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us.

We feel very good with the fact that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for bring to our attention the situation about the towel service and for your suggestions about the desserts. We are actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.

We also deeply value your relationship with Sheraton Bijao and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our guests deserve the very best.

If you have any other comments or suggestion feel free to contact us and we definitely hope to have you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

After reading the reviews prior to our departure, I must admit I was concerned. And I now know why there is such diverse reviews. We arrived on July 3, which was a Wednesday. The hotel was not overly crowded as we sort of expected. It was a pleasure! The check-in staff were friendly, helpful and spoke perfect English. Everyone for the first three days were always smiling and happy. Sorry to say, we were somewhat suspicious. The our first Saturday rolled around. The guest population quickly quadrupled as apparently it is true that locals are given a $60 per night promotion for the room. Must say we paid WAY more than that. Come Tuesday morning, the resort became almost deserted. It seemed as though there were only 100 guests left. We loved it! There were no line ups or waits for anything. The staff went back to being happy and helpful. The kids loved the teen club, in spite of being only 11 and 9. The kids club seemed a little too young for them. The spent a little time playing on the Wii, playing ping pong and billiards (with our supervision - that was the rule) in nicely air conditioned comfort. Because there were few guests, they closed down beach buffet restaurant and served a la carte, which was fine by us. The buffet and al la carte restaurants were amazing (the sirloin tip dinner at los Olives restaurant is the best I have had and the Japanese restaurant is right up there with Benihanna). The rooms were large and bright (we had a room overlooking the parking lot). The beds were a little lumpy, but we didn't expect much more. We didn't spent much time on our balcony as it was directly above the kitchen and the smell of cooking grease was a constant. Again, we chose to spend more time on the property than in our room. It was the place that I was going to recommend to anyone who would listen. Then our second Saturday. I understand that the resort has to support itself in the off season, but this was ridiculous. In pulled two large bus-loads of conventioneers, along with their families. Then came the wedding party. The line ups for the buffet were 20 minutes long. There were no tables to eat at (we stood waiting at a table for 10 minutes until the busboy decided it was time to clean it - we couldn't even pile the dirty dishes to one side as there were too many. The bus boy indicated he was on his way back, then went and got coffee and served everyone around us, then went back to get cutlery for everyone around us-- Did I mention he spoke no English? Finally one of our regular waitresses felt sorry for us and cleared the table). We got the same service at the bar. Unless you look like you speak Spanish, you did not get served, until our regular bar tender came back from her break. The kicker was trying to make reservations to the restaurant we wanted to get into. Of course, it was fully booked by the conventioneers. I made a complaint,thinking it went onto deaf ears, to a supervisor of operations. He apologized repeatedly but it did not seem he did nothing. I went to the beach. It was our last day at the resort and I was not about to give up the beautiful beach and sun! Not 15 minutes later, a customer service manager came looking for me on the beach. Don't know how she knew who to look for, but she found me and tried to make amends. She said that arrangements could be made for the chef to make our family a special meal and we could eat it on the beach, just outside the restaruant. While I thought this was a beautiful display of customer service, I declined. We had ready made reservations at the other restaurant and were okay with that. It wasn't until 10:00 that night that we really got the burr under the blanket. Because our room was facing the parking lot, it was also just above the convention centre. Guess how loud the music was! My back teeth were vibrating. After an hour and a half of complaining to the front desk, my husband went down to see what was going to be done. The function was scheduled until 2:00 in the morning. Eventually they gave us a room in the front of the hotel, far away from the noise. This is where we learned that we had such an inferior room. The bed was as comfortable as it was at home (pillow top). Just a few notes: bedding is not changed every day, unless you ask. Ours was changed twice during our 12-day stay. Even though we asked for clean towels every other day, we got dirty ones. The floor is swept only every other four days (because I am picky about that - I could see a bunch of hair that sat in a corner for almost a week). All this could be overlooked, until the last day.

Again I can understand the contradicting reviews as we experienced both sides of it during our stay. I can only say that we would never stay here during the busy season as we could see there were shortages in service and food when it gets busy. The weather, in case you wonder, is absolutely beautiful. Even though the weather network said it would be thunderstorms during our entire stay, it was okay. The morning was absolutely beautiful every day. It wasn't until 2:30 p.m. every day that the clouds moved it; sometimes it would rain (really hard) or not. Every night we enjoyed the lightning storms as amazing fireworks displays, without fail. It was high humidity and hot, but what could you expect near the equator? The breezes kept it perfect.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the weekends when locals are given cheap rates to fill the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank GiddyUpAndGoodToGo

Dear Mrs. GiddyUpAndGoodToGo,

We feel very happy to see that you enjoyed our facilities and Food. We would like to extend our sincere apologizes for the inconvenience you experienced with the tables in the restaurant, the service at the bar and the housekeeping department. You can rest assure that we are currently working to avoid these situations in the future.

Thank You again for your time.

If you have any other comments or suggestion feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I was there for a seminar, so We had a bunch of rooms, but what a bad service, we had to run looking for people to assist us, not nice after you are having a convention, with a lot of rooms, lot of people.
The hotel is nice, but service is bad, at the bar we had some nice people, they try their best, but I think in general the service was not nice.
Plastic cups make it look like a cheap hotel!!!!

Sorry for the name Sheraton!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Antonio S, Gerente at Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - An All Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear. Mr/Mrs. Avicultura,

Thank you for taking your time and giving us your comments and suggestions on TripAdvisor. At Sheraton Bijao, we take pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. We are actively working to improve service levels and your feedback about service has proved to be invaluable.

Thanks for bring to our attention these situation which have helped us to identify improvements opportunities. We would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have had with the service

If you have any other comment or suggestion please feel free to contact us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Clara
#2 of 4 in Santa Clara
Villa Botero By Casa Mojito
Villa Botero By Casa Mojito
#1 of 2 in Santa Clara

Been to Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - An All Inclusive Resort? Share your experiences!