Overpriced / Old / Bad Maintained / Really Bad Food / Partly Annoying Staff / But nice beach
First I thought I would book a 4 or 5 stars resort (all inclusive) and the brand name 'Sheraton' (of which I thought would be good, but isn't) would stand for a certain international standard of quality.
We got here and the room was dirty, bad maintained, just really overpriced. For example the bathroom had loads of bad overpaintings everywhere, making it look like still in consructions. The curtains were and still are dirty, and I mean really dirty, which I saw when entering the room. The TV remote control lacks of a cover and is fixed with plastic scotch tape. After being in bed and looking at the smoke detector, I realized the control light never blink, meaning it does not work. The bathroom is partly not clean, having rests looking like mould in corners. See pictures. Everything just really not or bad maintained and dirty.
As all inclusive you can eat as much as you wantand drink as you want (excluding wines and brand liquors). There is a so called Japanese restaurant (Sakura), which served only 1 dish (no choice). The portions were small, the sushi was bad and did contain only vegetables. The seafood was not fresh but frozen (cheap stuff). For example the shrimps I am pretty sur are tiger shrimps from vietnam. The squid was frozen and they cooked smoked salmon! Nobody would ever do that.
The other restaurant is mediterranean and has a menu, so you can choose. There is plenty of starters, main dishes and deserts. a salad bar is included and was the only good part. The starter (Ceviche) was bad, had a fly in it and was only 3 small spoons. Maindish fish was tiny and the fish also has not seen the ocean for ages. Desert (mousse au chocolat) was produced a long time ago then stored in the fridge and tasted like pudding. The buffet restaurant, open almost all day has nice salads but no nice meat or fish. The hole food anywhere is kept very cheap and is really not enjoyable. There is no fruit juice. When we ordered fruit juice they give us sirup. The same for cocktails. Only cheap liquor and no fruit juice, only sirup. Really bad. Every known fastfood chain serves better food and every bar better drinks. Terrible.
Reservations need to be done in the morning and everyday only 1 of the 2 restaurants are open + the buffet place. We heard them sending away people asking in the evening for a space, while the restaurant was fully only 20%. Something really stupid. They just don't want people in those 'expensive' (for them, as included in All Inclusive).
In general nice. The Lifeguards around pool and ocean are annoying. They seem to enjoy freedom in taking decisions, such as closing the pool about 2 hours earlier than written everywhere. Same with the ocean - but there you can keep swimming when leaving the property.
We booked 3 nights, today is the second an I am already happy to leave. It is really bad quality and overpriced. The only nice thing was the swimmable beach with pretty clear water for the Pacific.
The internet / WiFi connection is slow and goes on / off every couple of seconds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a sprawling Panama beach along the serene Pacific Ocean, Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - An All-Inclusive Resort has everything you could want for total relaxation. Nestled alongside the stunning Pacific Ocean, our all-inclusive resort in Guias de Anton, Santa Clara, Panama is complimented by celebrated sites like the Panama Canal's Miraflores Locks and historic Panama City, the exhilarating capital of the Republic of Panama. Come together and share experiences in our warm Club Lounge as well as the resorts 4 restaurants and private beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - An All Inclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Bijao Beach Hotel Santa Clara
- Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - An All Inclusive Resort Panama/Santa Clara