“Lied about the driveway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Peggy's Cove
Peggy's Cove Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Peggy's Cove B&B and Inns
Deer Park, Texas
“Lied about the driveway”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed there on June 1, 2014. When I made the reservations I asked about the drive to their house because we were on motorcycles and I can't do gravel. I was assured that was not the case and that they have bikers stay all the time. Well, it is gravel and up a hill. I was very upset and the only reply I got when I asked about being told it wasn't gravel was "do you want to go somewhere else?". We stayed because my husband rode my bike up the hill for me already and we were tired, not going to try to find lodging somewhere else at 5 pm.

The house was lovely, breakfast was good, but I don't like being lied to.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Judy C, Owner at Peggy's Cove Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
All of this was an unfortunate misunderstanding. When you made the reservation you asked if the roadways were gravel. I thought you meant the main roads and never gave a thought to you meaning our parking area. When you were checking in you were crying, angry, yelling and very upset. Sharon didn't know what to say to you and that is why you were asked if you would prefer to go somewhere else. This was not said to be mean spirited or discount the way you were feeling, but she was trying to be helpful. We do have a lot of motorcycle tourists stay with us and have never had someone come in the door angry and crying or upset because of the gravel parking area. My suggestion to you would be that when you make reservations in the future that you specify the parking area or driveway as opposed to saying roadway, and that way there will be no future misunderstandings when you travel in Canada.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

The hosts, location, breakfast and room were more than we could ask for. Of sll the places we stayed at during our stay this one was our favorite. First time for us staying at a B&B and the experience was great. We would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed June 2014
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Although short (only one night) I had a great stay! The room was nicely appointed, and with a great view of the lighthouse; the free wifi was faster and more reliable than my previous night's hotel (big-name hotel on Halifax waterfront...)!

I was looking for a place to stay close to the lighthouse, as I am an avid photographer and wanted to be close for sunset AND sunrise shots. Without walking on private property (respect the locals!) it is about a 10 minute walk to the lighthouse, but would be faster "as the crow flies". Photography was great right from the semi-private balcony, as you look over a small inlet with working fishermen doing their work, and over to the lighthouse itself.

Breakfast was wonderful, so too was the conversation. I will certainly be back!

Room Tip: There are at least three rooms with direct view of the lighthouse, although everything is so close...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TravellingJimmy2014
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed here one night with 3 friends. Dan and Judy were lovely hosts who made us welcome and settled us in quickly. My room was perfect; immaculate with a comfy bed and lots of space. Deck with most amazing view of the cove made the morning magical! Breakfast was excellent- lots of food and Judy even catered to my egg aversion with very short notice!
Have been craving the oatmeal muffins ever since.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We spent one night is this gorgeous B&B in the middle of a six week trip. With one hotel after another, this little gem was like coming home - actually, it was home with a hell of an upgrade. Firstly, the setting - standing on our balcony was like stepping inside the most perfectly-framed idealic postcard - just stunning. The room was great and the bed was like sleeping on a big fluffy cloud. But what really made this place was the people, Judy and Dan are fantastic hosts. The beautiful home-cooked brekkie, while chatting with Judy and Dan and other travellers capped off a great night perfectly. As we left, Judy gave us a pen that said "come as strangers, leave as friends" - I think that sums it up better than I can. Highly recommend this wonderful B&B.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Thanks SO much to Sharon, Judy and Dan for a perfect stay in beautiful Peggy's Cove! Unfortunately I could only stay one night at the end of my trip, but would definitely return because I had such an excellent time. I had lovely room with its own deck and a view to the lighthouse and the breakfast was fabulous. It was a real treat to be in Peggy's Cove after the last tour bus rolled out in the evening. Can't recommend staying here enough!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank DigbyToast
edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

We picked Peggy's Cove for the first 2 nights of our honeymoon in Nova Scotia and it couldn't have been any better. We were greeted on arrival and made to feel at home. Our room had a balcony overlooking the harbour which is even better than in the photos! The breakfasts were simply superb withour being too much and our hosts were very genuine, informative and entertaining. Like minded guests also made our stay a real pleasure and all in all this is one not to miss.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Prince George Hotel
Prince George Hotel
#3 of 28 in Halifax
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,703 reviews

Been to Peggy's Cove Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!