“Loved our 3 nights at Peggy's Cove B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Peggy's Cove
Peggy's Cove Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Peggy's Cove B&B and Inns
Belleville, Pennsylvania
“Loved our 3 nights at Peggy's Cove B&B”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Such a beautiful place to stay! We had a wonderful time! Dan, Judy & Sharon did so much to make our visit pleasant! Good food, clean, comfy bed, warm & pleasant host & hostesses, what more could you ask for? They also made dining & touring recommendations if asked which was so helpful.

Room Tip: We had a room upstairs - wonderful view of the cove!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
texas
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed only 1 night, but had a wonderful experience with Dan (love his humor) and Judy (great fun and cook)...Room 4 had a shared deck (large) that overlooked the lighthouse and cove...perfect for my early morning photo of the cove. VERY comfy bed, clean room, and superb breakfast. Loved the whole experience and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Brookline, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The B&B sits within easy viewing distance of the Peggy's Cove Lighthouse if it is not foggy, which it was for us. Big room, great breakfast and wonderful hosts. There is a nice community kitchen as well. What more could you ask for. Access is between 2 buildings that you would not think of as access to the B&B

Room Tip: Second floor room facing the lighthouse and Peggy's Cove
1 Thank Henry W
Deer Park, Texas
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed there on June 1, 2014. When I made the reservations I asked about the drive to their house because we were on motorcycles and I can't do gravel. I was assured that was not the case and that they have bikers stay all the time. Well, it is gravel and up a hill. I was very upset and the only reply I got when I asked about being told it wasn't gravel was "do you want to go somewhere else?". We stayed because my husband rode my bike up the hill for me already and we were tired, not going to try to find lodging somewhere else at 5 pm.

The house was lovely, breakfast was good, but I don't like being lied to.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Judy C, Owner at Peggy's Cove Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
All of this was an unfortunate misunderstanding. When you made the reservation you asked if the roadways were gravel. I thought you meant the main roads and never gave a thought to you meaning our parking area. When you were checking in you were crying, angry, yelling and very upset. Sharon didn't know what to say to you and that is why you were asked if you would prefer to go somewhere else. This was not said to be mean spirited or discount the way you were feeling, but she was trying to be helpful. We do have a lot of motorcycle tourists stay with us and have never had someone come in the door angry and crying or upset because of the gravel parking area. My suggestion to you would be that when you make reservations in the future that you specify the parking area or driveway as opposed to saying roadway, and that way there will be no future misunderstandings when you travel in Canada.
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

The hosts, location, breakfast and room were more than we could ask for. Of sll the places we stayed at during our stay this one was our favorite. First time for us staying at a B&B and the experience was great. We would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed June 2014
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Although short (only one night) I had a great stay! The room was nicely appointed, and with a great view of the lighthouse; the free wifi was faster and more reliable than my previous night's hotel (big-name hotel on Halifax waterfront...)!

I was looking for a place to stay close to the lighthouse, as I am an avid photographer and wanted to be close for sunset AND sunrise shots. Without walking on private property (respect the locals!) it is about a 10 minute walk to the lighthouse, but would be faster "as the crow flies". Photography was great right from the semi-private balcony, as you look over a small inlet with working fishermen doing their work, and over to the lighthouse itself.

Breakfast was wonderful, so too was the conversation. I will certainly be back!

Room Tip: There are at least three rooms with direct view of the lighthouse, although everything is so close...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TravellingJimmy2014
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed here one night with 3 friends. Dan and Judy were lovely hosts who made us welcome and settled us in quickly. My room was perfect; immaculate with a comfy bed and lots of space. Deck with most amazing view of the cove made the morning magical! Breakfast was excellent- lots of food and Judy even catered to my egg aversion with very short notice!
Have been craving the oatmeal muffins ever since.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Coastal Inn Halifax
#23 of 28 in Halifax
The Halliburton
#9 of 28 in Halifax

Been to Peggy's Cove Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!