“Much better than the Turtle Club”

Silver Gulch Brewing and Bottling Co.
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Fox
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We rolled up at what must have been nearly the end of their evening yet they kept us waiting for a table (lots clear - they just couldn't seem to process us) but no problem, greatly enjoyed the variety of beer available and chatting with both our bar tender and also a gentleman who is part of this family enterprise. Once seated we got reasonable service and the food was above average. Oddly, they cleaned around us and put the chairs up on the tables nearby (I guess they wanted us to leave before we'd finished the meal they'd kept us waiting for) Anyway, we all liked the place, enjoyed the drive, got good meals and best beer we'd had in Alaska - so if they could just master the servery thing, I think I'd give this a 5. It's not fine-dining and they don't pretend it is. It's fun dining with lots of beverage options and they have set the place up for that.

There are newer reviews for Silver Gulch Brewing and Bottling Co.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

This place has good food and absolutely great beer. Trust me you should be here at least once while you are in the interior, one of the best restaurants there is around here. Enjoy a great full meal, locally made drinks to go with it, and the onsite gift shop. Be prepared to spend some real money, but its worth it.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

We went here for the beer fest and it was awesome! The food and alcohol were delicious and though a bit more expensive, it is still a great date place or special event!

Reviewed 13 August 2012

Having been to several breweries across the world, I was stoked to experience the "most northern brewery". I wasn't sure what to expect...being that the place is in the middle of nowhere. And that Alaska is....well, a state where men don't shave... This place was killer. Polka music was a great addition. Beer from all over the world. The only reason I am not giving 5 stars was because some of the beer stand servers didn't know a thing about the beer!

Reviewed 12 August 2012

Great selection of beer and food. Nice change of pace from the selections in Fairbanks. Burgers are tasty. Only downside it is a decent drive out of Fairbanks, but well worth the trip.

I would agree that it can get quite busy so if coming from Fairbanks, perhaps give them a call and see if you can make a reservation. If not, restaurant is quite big in my opinion, so we never had to wait too long, even on the busiest nights.

In between the Fort Knox mine and Fairbanks, was visiting the mine, so ate here quite a bit. Service staff is helpful, accommodative and quick.

Recommendations:

- Take the Old Steese Highway there or back and see if you can spot the old plane on the side of the road. Scary at night!

- Buy some of the moosetard from the store to take away - delicious.