“Best restaurant in Limassol”
Review of Il Gusto

Il Gusto
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Akrotiri
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A little taste of Italy - Italian Cuisine - Tuesday-Sunday open for dinner - Closed every Monday Bringing the exquisite cuisine of Italy’s’ finest homes to your table, Il Gusto manifests the flavours and sensations for a superb dining experience. The rustic Italian menu with generous portions is flavoured with the well-known hospitality of the dedicated Il Gusto team. Located in Akrotiri area (near British Bases). A new kid’s area offers an inviting option for family, fun and children’s birthday parties.
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This is seriously one of the best places to eat in Limassol, if not the whole of Cyprus! The staff are all wonderful, and really go out of their way to provide you with a magnificent dining experience. The manager, Danijel, always makes the effort to check that everything is satisfactory, and to chat with the customers, making everyone feel important! If you want the most mouthwatering salad you'll ever eat in your life, then the Il Gusto salad is what you should try. You could eat that as a meal on it's own. The lazagne alla bolognese is the best I've ever tried, all the starters are phenomenal and they make the most amazing prawns in a creamy, garlic sauce! The quality of everything is outstanding, and definitely value for money. I've never had a bad meal here, and doubt I ever will. The location is wonderful, overlooking the Salt Lake in Akrotiri, which makes for a very romantic setting if you wish to go there on a date. The decor inside is elegant and they have the most beautiful fireplace which they light in winter. This is a place you must visit! I cannot recommend it enough!!

2  Thank LauraBeanLimassol
Carob Mill R, Manager at Il Gusto, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear Mrs. Laura,

We cannot thank you enough for your very kind feedback of your visits at Il Gusto Pasteria Italiano in Akrotiri.

We are delighted that you enjoy every single time our restaurant and that the great team exceeded your expectations. Rests assure that we will pass your comments on to them all.

Once again thank you very much for your kind support and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Il Gusto Pasteria Italiano very soon.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 13 July 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Cyprus. Though now it has moved to a new venue, (I more liked the previous one, looked more like italian), the new restaurant its fine spacious and modern. The food and I mean pasta, risotto, meat, soup is great, well cocked and tasty! Staff is always nice and attentive. Sadly I've tried all the deserts on the menu but I found them average, anyhow I would highly recommend the place for really good authentic italian cuisine.

4  Thank The_Trav3ll3r
Carob Mill R, Manager at Il Gusto, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your letter and for your kind words regarding your visit at Il Gusto Pasteria Italiano.

We are pleased to read that you also enjoyed our new establishment. We welcomed your positive words about our team members. Your comments regarding our desert menu are noted and we will make sure an upgrade of the dessert menu will come very soon.

Once again thank you very much for your kind support and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Il Gusto Pasteria Italiano at Akrotiri in the near future.

Your Sincerely,

Reviewed 20 June 2013

This is ones of out favorite restaurants in Cyprus. The food is amazing especially the mouthwatering steaks! You will never leave hungry as the portions are so generous. The meze is outstanding and well worth the price per person. Staff are great and look after all the time. Even the manager takes time to come round and speak to you to make sure your are enjoying the food and service. Balcony area is great especially in the gentle candlelight glow at night overlooking Limassol and the Salt Lake. Would highly recommend and is a must for all new visitors to the AKROTIRI area. BRAVO!

2  Thank Matt H
Carob Mill R, Manager at Il Gusto, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Mr. Matt,

Firstly we would like to thank you for taking the time to submit your review.

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your visit at IL Gusto in Akrotiri and that you were impressed with our facilities and service provided by our team members.

Rests assure that your positive comments will be passed to the rest of the Il Gusto team. Such comments are very encouraging for all of us and enhance even more our commitment for constant upgrade of our facilities and services.

We look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Sincerely Yours

Reviewed 10 June 2013

We have been going to this restaurant since 2000 and all these years nothing has changed. The highest quality food with the best of prices. We have tried everything in their menu and believe me everything is tasty tasty tasty. If you are going for the first time you should try the skillet with the seafood and pasta their signature dish, however I just love their risotto with gamberi, the fusili confusio, the best lasagna you will every try. Lately we tried their romeo and juliette salad as a starter, just magnificent.
Just remember that the night starts with fresh bread and garlic butter, red sweat pepper dip and local extra virgin oil.
Daniel is always there to welcome us and make sure we are having a good meal.
If you have not tried yet you don't know what you are missing!

1  Thank Eva14lia
Carob Mill R, Manager at Il Gusto, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear Mrs. Eva,

Firstly we would like to thank you for taking the time to submit your review and for choosing Il Gusto for so many years.

I am pleased to read that you enjoy your visit at Il Gusto every single time and that you are impressed with all the dishes on the menu and service provided by our team members. Rest assure that your positive comments will be passed to the team!

Once again thank you for the kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back at the La Pasteria “Il Gusto” Italiano very soon again.

Sincerely Yours

Reviewed 24 April 2013

I have been to El Gusto before and I think it is a great restaurant. The service is really good and the food always enjoyable. I like the new restaurant - the room is spacious and modern. I had the meze and thoroughly enjoyed it. I would go back again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to my friends

1  Thank Kolossi-duo
Carob Mill R, Manager at Il Gusto, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Dear Reviewer,
We would like to thank you for your very kind feedback on your recent visit at Il Gusto at Akrotiri.
Your comment regarding the furnishing of the new restaurant is very much appreciated.
We are delighted that you have enjoyed the Meze and we are proud to exceed your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the La Pasteria “ Il Gusto” Italiano in the near future.

Kind Regards