“Very convenient when travelling by car”

Holiday Inn Milan - Assago
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Assago
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My wife and myself stayed in this hotel as part of our three week driving tour through France, Switzerland and Italy. The location is adjacent to the autoroute, easy to find and, despite being in a busy services area, surprisingly quiet and relatively peaceful. Parking to allow us to check in was a little stressful, and the duty receptionist was not at all helpful despite the fact we were the only guests checking in at the time, but having got over this the rest of our overnight stay was very good. There is a secure parking area, at an extra charge, but well worth the cost, and this gave easy access to the reception area of the hotel. The room was of standard Holiday Inn type, clean and with all that is needed to provide a comfortable overnight stop, and the added bonus of a free wifi connection. We chose to eat early and the restaurant offered a good choice for dinner at a reasonable cost by Italian standards. The staff serving us were very friendly and helpful, but having watched a large coach group arrive in the restaurant whilst we were eating, and observed their attitude and behaviour towards the staff I could well understand if the waiters became a little less hospitable later in the evening. We timed our breakfast to allow the afore mentioned group to have departed and were pleasantly surprised to find that the breakfast buffet was well presented and up to the usual high standards set by the Holiday Inn, with plenty of choice. Check out was friendly and efficient. As a convenient stopping point for overnight I have no reservation about recommending this hotel, but would have some doubts about staying for longer, or of using it as a base for travelling into the centre of Milan. It is not particularly convenient for anything other than easy access to the autoroute.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Milan - Assago, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear Ted_and_Celia,

Thank you for your feedback we hope you enjoyed your vacation. I am pleased you liked your overall stay at our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you received service at check in which was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Milan - Assago

Reviewed 13 June 2013

The worst I never made. Arrival 1 personne before me, 10 minutes of waiting time. The reservation done by my office for three nights but they registre only one. Bed ok and clean but everything is decrepit, the hanger fall down, roof also. At least they were hot water in the bathroom. I went to the restaurant, so expensive for nothing else than cafeteria food (and again long waiting time). This is for my experience. Let´s say I'm unlucky, hotel is close to highway, far away from city center, far from both airport, with nothing around. So why should you go there? Price maybe, it´s expensive but compare to Milano price it is Ok. Last point, you must pay for WiFi and once everybody is loggin, it is a disaster

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Arnaud P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Milan - Assago, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Dear Arnaud P,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I sincerely apologize for the services and qualities that you have received which is not up to your par. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. I want to assure you that the issues you have raised about the service you have received at check will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I am here right now starving. Tried to call room service but phone is broken. Went down to restaurant and bar and front desk and they all said that there was no food because they wanted to close restaurant early. Also no delivery here, but that I could walk 1K up the road in the dark alone to get a pre packaged cold sandwich from the truck stop. Taking my hungry self to bed and getting the heck out of here tomorrow. Fingers crossed no bedbugs.

• Stayed: June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Milan - Assago, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear Crystal M,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received poor customer service from our restaurant and front desk. We will address these point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I stayed for 1 night on business. I arrived late and check in was quick. The room itself was nice and to the standard you would expect from a Holiday Inn. The only criticism I would have is was the shower cubicle in the bathroom was very small.

You must have a car to stay at this hotel as it is in the middle to nowhere.

Breakfast was fine, with all options being catered for.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Milan - Assago, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2013

Dear matthewwoolf12,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you you had a smooth check in. However, we are sorry to read that you did not find our hotel in a convenient location for your needs and apologize for any inconvenience you may have had due to the size of the bathroom. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Your comments will be passed to the appropriate department. We always welcome opportunity to improve.

Thank you again for your comments.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Hotel location in the side of Highway, the room is a bit cosy with a very less amenities from Holiday Inn style. I'm travelling with the group tour and had a very poor breakfast, as i understand the hotel diffrentiate between indhividual guest and group tour guest who pay obviously pay less. I wouldn't reccomend this hotel to guest who stay more than one night, as they have nothing to be special off.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Milan - Assago, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

Dear Jonny Ivo K,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy our breakfast selection. Our hotel staff always ensure the quality of our breakfast choices and can only offer you my sincerest apologies if we didn't live up to your expectations on this occasion.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope you give us another opportunity to host you again.

Dhan M

Reviewed 16 May 2013

The room and especially the curtains smelled like cigarettes. The walls were dirty and you could see dead insects on them. Also, apparently, they wanted to fix the ceiling or something and they had removed a part of it above the hall but they hadn't put it back and we could see the bricks and spider webs! In addition, there were spiders everywhere, outside the windows, as well as on our bed (we moved our pillows and a spider popped up.) There was only cheese, bread, and some (not fresh) croissants for breakfast and some bad-tasting coffee. I should note that I went there with a group and maybe that's why we weren't offered good roooms and a bigger variety of food at breakfast, but at least, our rooms should have been cleaner! I was glad I only had to stay there for a night.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Milan - Assago, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Dear alice k,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Please accept our apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

I was driving from Mont Blanc to Ancona and needed a hotel for one night during the journey. This hotel was very conveniently located off the main road and very reasonably priced. I arrived at 1 am and left at 7 am. The night porter was very helpful at checking me and assisting me. The room itself was very clean and adequate for the night. No compaliants at all. I cannot comment on the restaurants or other services as I did not use them. For a stopover, well recommended!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Assago
NH Milano Congress Centre
Excel Milano 3 Hotel e Residence
Forum Hotel
Forum Hotel
#1 of 3 in Rozzano

Been to Holiday Inn Milan - Assago? Share your experiences!