“Perfect for MotoGP”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Betera
Warminster, United Kingdom
“Perfect for MotoGP”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Other reviewers have commented that the hotel is miles from anywhere, this is true, but it depends on what you are planning to see or do. We used it for a couple of nights for MotoGP. Hotel is large with lovely grounds, nice rooms, good food, good facilities (pool etc) and very friendly and helpful staff. We arrived very late on a Friday night after the bar had shut, the receptionist offered to get us some beers and a few minutes late delivered a carrier bag of cold beers, with a bottle opener to our rooms, put some music on in the lounge area near our rooms and left us to enjoy. I think that is good service. At the price we paid, we can't complain, we had expected a much much lower standard of hotel

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the practice putting area/outdoor pool area, the views are spectacular
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

We have used this hotel before for an overnight stop, and again were not disappointed by our stay this time.I doubt anyone would want to be based here for visiting the city unless they are ardent golfers, as it is a long way out of the centre, but for those travelling through Spain on the motorway it is very well located and easy to find. The safe free parking is a plus if you have a car full of luggage/valuables, and the surroundings gardens are peaceful and restful after a long drive. This is a three star hotel - that's what it says on the hotel door - and as such offers excellent value for money with good sized bedrooms, efficient air-conditioning, a modern bathroom with a bathtub, and comfortable beds. The staff are friendly and efficient, although they did seem a little overwhelmed by the number of guests. I felt particularly sorry for the single solitary waiter at dinner, but the slowness of the service didn't really matter as the standard of the food was good and reasonably priced (although the menu was very limited). We will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Liverpool, England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2008

Let me make one thing clear: this 'hotel' is most certainly not a four-star establishment; it is a dump in the middle of nowhere.
The Valencia Golf is miles from anywhere -- and certainly miles from Valencia city. It is also 3KM from the nearest village, so if you want to go for a drink or even fetch a newspaper, you need some form of transport. (If you call for a taxi it comes from Valencia, with a hefty fee already marked up on the meter.)
Upon arriving at the premises, it becomes immediately obvious that it is run-down, dirty, and unkempt. The car park is tatty, poorly asphalted, and overgrown, and the gardens are not well maintained. (Nor is the pool -- I found a poor dead frog in it.) Upon entering the reception area one's heart sinks -- the nostrils are assaulted by a smell of dirt and general countryside unkemptness. The lobby is disorganised, messy, dirty, and generally run-down. The staff who attended to me (2 males) had no idea of customer service, were hostile, and one of them stared at me in a way that I found entirely unacceptable.
I was given the key to my room and, upon entering it, discovered that the patio door did not lock. I telephoned reception and one of the staff came up. He was adamant that I could stay in the room -- even though I had no way of locking the large patio door. I insisted on being moved. (I would also add that the huge patio windows of almost all of the rooms look onto the car park. Who on earth designed the hotel so that the rooms give onto the car park, rather than onto the garden?)
The room to which I was moved was a replica of the one I had just left -- large and high-ceilinged with a tile floor. It was musty, tatty, and not very clean. It was also freezing cold, and I got so cold at night that I had to ask for an additional radiator to be brought. Walls are dirty and covered in scuffs, scrapes, and marks; the edges on the furniture are scraped and bashed; the light switches are not accessible as they are behind the (ludicrously high) bedside tables; the bathroom is spartan, unclean, and thoroughly unwelcoming (similar to bathrooms in monastery lodgings I stayed in when much younger). Only a couple of channels worked on the tiny, old-fashioned television. No other amenities were provided in the room, and no press was available from reception.
Public areas of the hotel were in the same state of decay and disrepair as the rooms: windows were filthy, walls were bashed, furniture was dusty and tired.
As I had no transport I decided to eat a snack for supper in the cafe-bar next to reception. Imagine my surprise when, upon checking out the following day, I was asked to pay 22 Euros for a salad, a tiny plate of croquettes, and a small glass of red house wine. I queried the price with the (female) receptionist, and she argued the toss. I told her that the prices she wanted to charge me were most definitely not those on the menu so, with very bad grace she stomped off to fetch the menu and, lo and behold, the prices on the computer system at reception were each several Euros higher than those in the menu.
I really do detest this kind of cheap rip-off mentality. I thought it had died a death in Spain decades ago.
If there is a nuclear holocaust and this is the only place left standing, then by all means go to stay there. Under any other circumstances, however, you should avoid it like the plage. Why stay at a filthy, freezing dump in the middle of nowhere when you can just as well stay at home?

• Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Quentin1

Travellers are raving about these Betera hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Betera
Ad Hoc Parque Hotel
Sercotel Sorolla Palace Hotel
Hotel Mas Camarena
Hotel Mas Camarena
#5 of 7 in Paterna

Been to Valencia Golf Hotel? Share your experiences!