very quiet, I think there were just four other guests, so it felt like we had an entire mansion to ourselves. The hotel rooms occupy the former outbuildings of the Chateau de la Bretesche which stands along a pond across from the hotel. You can take a nice walk around the lake and view the Chateau (which has tours in the summer).
The rooms had nice old world furnishing with a comfortable bed and a nice big bathroom. We had a room that faced the adorable interior courtyard and it was very quiet. There is a fun bar in the former stables right off the lobby, great for a drink or a coffee. The two restaurants within the hotel were both very good. The Club restaurant was a little less formal and had a nice bar and great fireplace. The Montiagu is Michelin starred and the food and wine pairings were excellent.
The best part of the hotel was the staff. They were extremely helpful before we arrived making sure we had dinner reservations. On arrival they couldn't have been nicer, so welcoming. The restaurant staff was also amazing, gave great information about the food and wine during our meals. The only disappointment was the breakfast - we ate there the first morning but the cost, I believe over 15 euros each, was a little steep. But I have found this to be true for most buffet breakfast anywhere you go.
I would love to come back again in the spring or summer to enjoy the beautiful pool and see the hotels gardens in bloom. If you are a golfer they had an extensive course.
We were touring around southern Brittany and found this to be a good base. The hotel is easily accessible to the highway and the town of Missillac itself is quiet close. Though we didn't venture down, it looked to have a few restaurants and shops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Domaine de la Bretesche, Member of Relais&Châteaux, Sheltered by green surroundings is situated only 25 minutes away from La Baule. This property offers its guests the luxurious comfort of an authentic house of 36 rooms,suites and villas of character, on one of the most beautiful golf course of France, Michelin Star Restaurant, a contemporary Brasserie and a Spa with both indoor and outdoor swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, HRS, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Domaine De La Bretesche reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domaine De La Bretesche Hotel Missillac
- La Bretesche Missillac
- La Bretesche Hotel Missillac