We were here for 2 nights while cycling the area. The outside is truly lovely. The staff is helpful and friendly. Our room was fine, it could use an update but it was clean and spacious. Our room faced the front which was a pleasant. The air conditioning doesn't work very well and we opened the windows each night. The bathroom was a bit small but not bad. Breakfast had ample choices. We also used the spa (whirlpool) which was large and inside the spa area. We were going to use the pool but it was filled with small children when we attempted.
Dinner was excellent - and the sommelier picked great wine for each course and was happy to educate the group on the various grape varietals in the region.
It was a nice hotel, yes it could use an interior update, but it's still lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegant castle hotel with spa located south of Tours, Loire ValleyThe white stones of the majestic Artigny Castle, the dream Belle Epoque castle of Francois Coty, the famous perfumer, may be seen from a distance as they rise above the Indre Valley. Twenty-five hectares of park containing a French garden, marble statues, woodwork and trompe l'oeil frescos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau d'Artigny reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau d`Artigny Hotel Montbazon
- Chateau D'Artigny Montbazon, France - Loire Valley