“Wonderful stay here”

Hotel l'Elysee Val d'Europe
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Serris
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Our family of 5 stayed here for 5 nights in June 2014. We had 2 adjoining rooms and there was plenty of room for all of us. The rooms were clean and quiet. We paid for the breakfast buffet for the entire stay and we were glad we did. Simple but delicious and the parents appreciated the non stop coffee. The free shuttle bus to Disneyland Paris was right in front of the hotel and very simple to use. The metro to get to Paris was right around the corner. It was a long ride for the kids but I was happy we weren't staying in the hustle and bustle of Paris and had our peaceful and quiet place to retreat to. The staff was friendly and helpful. As Paris was our last stop on a 3 week tour of Europe, I really appreciated the confirmation e-mail sent to me a few days before we arrived letting me know they were expecting us and looking forward to our arrival. They sent another after we were back in Canada thanking us for our stay which was also unexpected and appreciated seeing as we stayed in 9 different hotels on this trip and this was the only communication we received after we were checked out and forgotten. Thank you!

1  Thank Kari872
Elysee77, Sales department at Hotel l'Elysee Val d'Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Kari872,

First of all we thank you very much for your kind comments and your choice to book our Hotel.

Those satisfied words are greatly appreciated and we are very delighted to have measured all your expectations.

Rest assured that your wonderful feedback will be shared with all our staff members.

Let us welcome you soon again at our property, we are already looking forward to your next stay.

With kindest regards

Reviewed 27 June 2014

After reading some of the last reviews I must admit I was expecting something more. Don't get me wrong, Elysee Val d'Europe is a good hotel but nothing special. To us it's greatest side was the location right next to the shopping mall. When the ques in Disneyland got too long we took the shuttle bus and came to shopping mall's McDonalds to have a late lunch. Easy and a whole lot cheaper than eating in Disneyland.
After a few hours of rest we headed back and found the ques to be much shorter. If during the day you would have to wait for an hour, now the waiting time was none to 15 minutes. So I recommend to go in the evening and stay for as long as possible. Remember, the last bus to Elysee leaves at 23.30.
The hotel itself is clean, rooms are cleaned every day. But our room was a little tired looking and had mold in the bathroom (Room 138). Toiletteries were also not refilled, all we got in 3 days was 1 shampoo and 1 bath gel for the 4 of us. We were travelling with hand luggage only so did not bring our own shampoo, but a small bottle. Well, we managed.
The beds are comfortable, our family room had two double beds in it. Pillows were nice and newish too, though a little too thick to my personal opinion, but that is splitting hair.
Staff at the hotel was polite but not extremely helpfull. When checking in, some spanish family overtook my place and the staff was happy to service them before me although they did see it was my turn.
We had a room facing the side street and I did not find traffic noise to be a problem. We did not have breakfast for it was 14 euros a person. You can get fresh stuffed bread and croissants at the shopping mall for a lot less, so I suggest you go for it.
Wifi worked well. The one thing we also missed was tea making facilities as some of our group were cathing a flu and some hot tea would have been nice.
I would stay in Elysee again, mainly because it's location and price. By choosing this hotel you will not go wrong. For the money you pay it's an excellent hotel. After all, you just sleep in it and spend your days somewhere else.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are pretty much the same. Room 138 is a family room facing the side street and is...

Dear Tessuli,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a review on your recent experience at our hotel. Your feedback is very important for us and be assured that it will be shared with our team.
It gives us great pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable stay and that you appreciated the hotel’s location; close to many of local attractions such as Disney Parks, but also nice and several shopping opportunities.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are visiting the area.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights in june 2014 on a family trip. My youngest sister and I shared a room, and we were fortunate to get a room facing the back. My other sister and her family stayed in a room facing the front, and they had a less pleasant stay due to some noise from a nearby street venue and faulty air-conditioning. Our room in the back of the hotel was a very decent size, with one double and one single bed. The room was kept spotlessly clean. The bathroom light was on a sensor, but it didn't pose a problem for us - as a matter of fact, we welcomed the effort to conserve power. The people at the front desk spoke English very well, and were very helpful. A big shopping mall was just next door, and the train station was also just across the square. The bus to Disneyland stopped right outside the hotel. If I go back to Disneyland, I will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: I think I would ask for a room facing the back if I wanted it to be as quiet as possible.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Elysee77, Sales department at Hotel l'Elysee Val d'Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear sistermoon68,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us; it was a pleasure to have been able to look after you during your stay.

It is fabulous to read that you appreciated the comfort of the hotel, our excellent location but especially the quality of service we provided you with.

We will be delighted to welcome you again in our hotel during your next visit to Disney,

Warm regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great hotel, great location, king sized beds, free shuttle bus to Disneyland parks, good breakfast, free wifi, great value for money, air con. Only things missing were a fridge and kettle but we were aware of this when booking.

1  Thank L_hunter1_1975

Dear L_hunter1_1975,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review on your recent experience at our hotel. Your feedback is very important for us and be assured that it will be shared with our team.
We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the comfort, the location of the hotel and our great value for money which are our great strengths.

Offering you a great service respecting our quality standards is part of our commitment.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband, 3 year old son and I stayed here for 1 night at the start of our disney trip. We arrived at 3pm after a day of travelling and our room was ready for us. The receptionists were very helpful and check in was very quick.

Our room was pretty standard but it was spotless. The bathroom was very clean and the room was quiet.

If your just after a quick stop over hotel then this place is perfect. Its next to the shopping mall which is huge and just around the corner from the RER station. Disneyland is just one stop up which takes around 5 minutes or can you grab the free shuttle bus from outside of the hotel.

My only negative is that for me, personally, the bed was a bit too hard. I woke up with a bit of backache and my husband did also mention that they could have been a bit softer but thats our own preference and some people may find them perfect - you cant please everyone!

If I was staying here for a couple of days or with a younger child then I would really want a mini fridge in the room too but for the 1 night it was fine. The staff in the restaurant were lovely and although we didn't eat breakfast they allowed us to go in and grab some chilled water and they also gave us some ice as well at no cost.

I would stay here again no problem!

3  Thank Warbe28

Dear Warbe28,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review on your recent experience at our hotel. Your feedback is very important for us and be assured that it will be shared with our team.

Meeting all of your expectations in terms of comfort and most importantly in terms of service we provide you with every day is part of our quality commitment.

We sincerely appreciate the fact that you are recommending our hotel to future guests.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are visiting the area.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This place is ideal for Disneyland Paris, rooms are fabulous and a full size decent bed for our daughter which was nice! Ok bathroom although the light was on a sensor and went off randomly which my young daughter wasn't too happy about as it was usually while she was in there!! Great location though, just across the road from a huge shopping centre, you could easily spend a day in there and its worth going for breakfast because the breakfast at the hotel isnt very nice! It really doesn't matter as there are lots of options outside of the hotel. Just across from the train station and when we stayed late at Disney one night to watch the firework show we caught the train back, it was the first stop and very cheap! You can also get the train into Paris which is ideal if you want to combine your break. The free shuttle bus to Disney stops right outside the hotel and runs often, its sometimes busy but not too bad really. Disneyland Paris is amazing and I thought it was as good as Disneyworld, perfect for younger children. The wifi worked fine for us but we hardly had time to use it so it was mainly late at night anyway. The staff were very helpful and polite and the room was cleaned daily, it was spotless! We will definitely be visiting again next year for Spring Bank Half Term week!! If you're visiting around then, it's nice and warm during the day but can be quite chilly at night, you need a cardi or jacket!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank CaterpillarLady

Dear CaterpillarLady,

Thank you for your very nice words following your recent stay at the Hotel l’Elysée Val d’Europe.We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the accommodation we provided you with.

We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service but also the location of the hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you for your third visit,

Best Regards,

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Poor houskeeping .. poor beufet (no varaities ...), the wifi .. you have to login in each floor.
And to top all that .. my daughter lost her ipad there.
She left it in the lobby 5m away from the reception , and came up. Next morning I asked at the receptionist .. but she had no idea and promised to ask the night shift.. later on by afternoon I asked again but she said that they couldn't find it

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Mohamed A
Elysee77, Sales department at Hotel l'Elysee Val d'Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Mohamed A,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following to your stay with us.

We are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations in terms of facilities and services.

Because we care about our clients, we would to invite you to directly contact us next time your are travelling to Disney and we will be more than happy to offer you complimentary breakfast for you and your family.

We feel sorry for the loss of your daughter’s Ipad and rest assured that all our staff members did their best to help you in solving the problem despite the fact that we could not find it.

Any feedback is important to us and we are appreciative for your critical comment as it allows us to continually strive for a better guest experience.

Kind Regards,

Rosianne Kindler

Also consider these accommodations in or near Serris
Disneyland Hotel
#2 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre
1 mi away
Residence Du Parc Val d'Europe
Adagio Aparthotel Val d'Europe

Been to Hotel l'Elysee Val d'Europe? Share your experiences!