Ionian Plaza Hotel
Hotel Aggelos(Argostolion)
Miramare Hotel(Argostolion)
Liberatos Village(Cephalonia)
  • Pool
All reviewsoverlooking the main squarestayed for one nightstar hotelthe hotel staffbalconyargostoli
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed for a week this month & decided this hotel looked & indeed boasted of its position & free breakfast.
At the time of booking it was suggested that a Suite would be a better experience than the standard room so we booked it for 75 a day.

Upon our arrival via an online taxi service that I had to book because the hotel informed me they could not arrange this & simply add the fee to my bill, we were shocked at the amount of structural damage which in my view should have been mentioned at booking.
Our suite was at the end of a very dark unlit corridor & we stood for some 5 minutes before the card was recognised by the lock!!.
The suite was a nice big room with a luxurious terrace (but no light for night time cos there was no light attached to the wires) a safe a fridge a pokey little non ventilated shower WC & 6 manky plastic hangers in the wardrobe.

We went down at 08;00 for breakfast & were greeted by ...nothing because the lady behind the counter was silent except for a confirmation of our room number, anyway we continued with my wife going for the tea bags as I went for 2 glasses for the fruit juice which gave me my first opportunity to speak to our silent witness as I had to ask her to top up the holder which was near empty due to the fact that there were no other guests at breakfast. However we fought on & attacked 2 hard boiled eggs with tiny slices of dried bread toasted for 5 minutes cos the toaster was crap, but the hotel must get 1st prize for the ability to produce 4 triangles of Spam from some tin followed by the same amount of turkey or was it chicken? but as we were not informed then it was a guessing game!!, breakfast was followed by a double dose of heartburn within the hour for both of us.
The next morning I was informed that the corridor lights are affected by the light outside? so maybe we should have packed a torch,anyway on to breakfast & this time we had 2 more local guests & a new serving lady that didn't serve unless you knew how to ask for a frothy coffee with your free breakfast so after two days of early heartburn we decided to miss breakfast until our last day,.

Because the hotel is in the main square there is a lot of noise but after midnight the noisiest problem is from the motorbikes which don't seem to be fitted with a silencer & you can only ride them without a helmet....

I would not reccomend this hotel for anyone partially sighted (like me) or with walking difficulties because the kerbs are treacherous,.

I also think the hotel should have a word with the "Pallazina" Italian eatery within their grounds about their "pushy approach", to passers by & although their food was nice they serve you with cold water then bread ALL of which you do not ask for but have to pay for,.

Thats all folks,.

Room Tip: Anything on the 3rd floor for really nice views of the square & the mountains.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iwantmemoneybak
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip. It was after the strong earthquake took place in kefalloniaa and some works where taken place in the hotel.... It was clean and very well based in the center of Argostoli. The staff was polite and a parking was available in the back of the hotel. The building is quite new and is nice decorated following Ionian culture and architecture. Wifi is free and fast. Breakfast is not so reach.... But in general is acceptable ..

Room Tip: Better on the vertical street, not in the front...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2014

a wonderful place to relax ,to do your business, clear place with nice view ,modern ,central exactly on the Valianou square near shops ,cafes ,resto and the first confisserie of town premier with delicious pastries fresh and yammies !! nice breakfast and helpful staff . I SUGGEST THIS HOTEL and I like to go again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank SOFIASYM
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here in September 2013 for ten nights and really enjoyed our stay here. Very clean and tidy, with air conditioning, and staff friendly and helpful. Very well situated with balcony's overlooking the square. Breakfast was from 7 to 11 am so no rush, and there was a great and varied choice in a relaxed atmosphere. We would certainly come back here to stay and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank salmonrnj
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Stayed here for one night before flying back to the UK. Very well placed, however the rooms lack any style, although they were clean and functional. The hotel itself has no atmosphere and the breakfast was one of the worst I have ever had. Cold hard boiled eggs, bread and cereals. It really lacks any imagination. I was glad we only booked in for one night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family