“Small dishes...”

Ampelaki Greek Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 95 Restaurants in Argostolion
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: Greek, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Good food but very little quantities of food...expensive for the amount of food that provides.we were hungry after the meal

There are newer reviews for Ampelaki Greek Restaurant

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Sorry to differ with previous reviews, maybe we caught the place on a bad night? The food struggled to be average and the service was poor, and miserable. There were only two other tables taken so there was no atmosphere at all. As said maybe it was just a bad night, but we won't be going back!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My boyfriend and I visited Ampelaki on our last day in Kefalonia looking forward to some traditional greek far before we headed off back to blighty. We found the restaurant on tripadvisor as it had good reviews, I am not wondering why!! It is a little out of the way, the surrounding area isn't particularly pleasant and you wouldn't walk that way unless you were specifically going to the restaurant. There was one man looking after everything front of house and I don't think he smiled once which wasn't most welcoming. I was pleased to see they did an Amstel Radler which is my favourite and it came in a frosted glass as it should. Unfortunately that was where the pleasure ended. The starters were ok but the main courses were clearly microwaved. I had the feta stuffed lamb which I was really looking forward to but it was lukewarm and tasteless. My boyfriend had the kefalonian meat pie that we had had several times on our holiday and he loved. Unfortunately the pie at Ampelaki was the worst we had. The baklava for dessert was lovely and it was a nice touch that he brought us watermelon at the end but I am greek, I know good greek food and this wasn't it. It was a disappointing end to our fantastic week in Kefalonia.

1  Thank LondonKate_10
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is a nice restaurant that tries (and sometimes succeeds) to punch above its weight. As others have said the meat pie is good, and the pasta with prawns and ouzo is very good. We ate there a couple of times and didn't have anything bad and there were some very nice wines by the glass and, more generally, a selection of good Greek wines. Service wasn't amazing, but apparently it was the waitress' first day so we cut her some slack.
In general this place seems like a place where the menu and cooking is devised by an enthusiastic amateur rather than a professional chef; nothing wrong with that, other restaurants in the area would do well to take note!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

A traditional Greek restuarant where you'll find all your favourites dishes cooked to a high standard plus added imagaination. Have eaten here many times and will continue to go back. Most good resturants have a few items on the menu that you would avoid but everything we've eaten at Ampelaki has been delicious. We recommend the moist Kefalonian meat pie, the tender rabbit in tomato sauce, and the excellent grilled squid. If you're not on a diet the feta in filo with honey and black sesame. The salads are all good as are the grilled vegetables... well everything's good.
It's along the seafront oppostite the Nautical Club and worth the 2 minute walk up from the port authority building. Friendly staff. Nice atmosphere.