“Lamb to die for!”

Ampelaki Greek Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 85 Restaurants in Argostolion
Price range: US$11 - US$22
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Brussels, Belgium
“Lamb to die for!”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

During our stay in Argostoli we went there 3 times, it was so delicious! Dont go there to have mousaka, try their 'specialties' - chicken with metaxa and cream sauce, fresh fish or lamb with feta and wine leaves (miam miam!!!) i had that twice, it was so good! Definitely go for this place, it deserves its ranking, you wont be disappointed!!!!;-)

• Visited August 2014

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Athens, Greece
“Very nice restaurant but you have to know what to order ;)”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Do not go there to eat mousaka and traditional greek food. This place has amazing fresh sea food, cooked with nice recipes and in prices that you don't usually find for fresh seafood in Greece. I'm saying fresh seafood again and again because I love it and you don't usually find it at such good prices and so tastefull. We tried spagetti with schrims,Ouzo and Cefalonian feta cheese and we loved it.We went there the next day too. Nice Patsavouropita for desert only 3 Euros. The restaurant is very good but you should know what to order ;) For plates with meat I have no opinion we didn't try any of them.

• Visited August 2014
“Small dishes...”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Good food but very little quantities of food...expensive for the amount of food that provides.we were hungry after the meal

knaresborough
“A poor night maybe?”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Sorry to differ with previous reviews, maybe we caught the place on a bad night? The food struggled to be average and the service was poor, and miserable. There were only two other tables taken so there was no atmosphere at all. As said maybe it was just a bad night, but we won't be going back!

• Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“I have no idea why people love this place so much”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My boyfriend and I visited Ampelaki on our last day in Kefalonia looking forward to some traditional greek far before we headed off back to blighty. We found the restaurant on tripadvisor as it had good reviews, I am not wondering why!! It is a little out of the way, the surrounding area isn't particularly pleasant and you wouldn't walk that way unless you were specifically going to the restaurant. There was one man looking after everything front of house and I don't think he smiled once which wasn't most welcoming. I was pleased to see they did an Amstel Radler which is my favourite and it came in a frosted glass as it should. Unfortunately that was where the pleasure ended. The starters were ok but the main courses were clearly microwaved. I had the feta stuffed lamb which I was really looking forward to but it was lukewarm and tasteless. My boyfriend had the kefalonian meat pie that we had had several times on our holiday and he loved. Unfortunately the pie at Ampelaki was the worst we had. The baklava for dessert was lovely and it was a nice touch that he brought us watermelon at the end but I am greek, I know good greek food and this wasn't it. It was a disappointing end to our fantastic week in Kefalonia.

• Visited July 2014