“Lovely”
Review of King Agamemnon

King Agamemnon
Ranked #7 of 9 Argostolion B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Had a great stay. The owner is very personable and friendly. He created a full itinerary of the island for us with really good suggestions in terms of beaches and restaurants. The customer service was truly one of the best. The room was very nice and clean with great view of the sea. We only walked five minutes the main square where all the restaurants and bars are located.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kate B

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Clean, comfortable, good value, this small hotel looks on to the port but doesn't suffer from traffic noise. The helpful proprietor, also called Agamemnon, is a lively conversationalist who will point you to a local restaurant, the Ladokolla, which was the best in my two week trip round the Ionian isles.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank John T
Reviewed 22 September 2013

i stayed two weeks at this great hotel...everythink was so great!!! the hotel is located in the center of argostoli one step to the ferryboat that takes you to Lixouri..the best part is the view from the room...i will visit this hotel again ....

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Petra_G_12_12
Reviewed 21 August 2013

My wife and I stayed one night here on our way to tour the island on bicycles. As usual people make the place, and in this case Agamemnon, the owner went above and beyond in helping us. The first morning we met him he set with us for over two hours and layed out a five day itinerary.
Then when I returned a few days later to pick up my bags on my bicycle I was about to miss the bus back to Sami. He called the bus company to ask the driver to wait for me, then he drove me and my bike to the station but I missed it anyway. So he decided it would be a good afternoon to go swimming with his wife and he gave me a ride to the other of the island. Has have not done that I would have missed the weekly ferry to Italy!

Meeting people like him makes all the difference between a good trip and a memorable one!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Uvita2013
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Gorgeous island lovely people and a great little hotel right on the waterfront in the capital of Argostoli.Our host Agamemnon was a big help he went out of his way to show us some of the beautiful locations on the island . Located in the center of town next to the ferryboat that takes you to Lixouri the second largest town on the island . I highly recommend this lovely hotel to anyone that is traveling to the island we had a great time,

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dimitrios s
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I love this hotel. I stayed in room 206, it has a lovely balcony overlooking the sea. The best part is the view in the morning when the sun rises up over the triple tiered mountains across the bay. I have paid 10 times the price for a view like this in other countries, the value and the relaxation King Agamemnon provides is second to none. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the shower was hot. The owner of the hotel is a very personable and knowledgeable about the island of Cephalonia, he gave me many wonderful suggestions to keep my days busy as well as relaxing. I planned on staying for 3 days but soon found out that it was not enough to really see all the natural beauties of the island, thankfully I was able to stay an extra 2 days. It was still not enough, so I will definitely be back to King Agamemnon Hotel to see my new "old" friend, Mr. Stefanatos, and enjoy the island life some more.

Room Tip: Get a balcony room with a view of the sea, its definitely worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Peter D
Reviewed 12 August 2012

My wife and I were traveling around Greece and we heard about Kefalonia and its gorgeous beaches.
We decided to do a last minute change in our trip.
We found this hotel on the internet by chance and got our reservation confirmed for 4 days.
The hotel is simple and has a laid back atmosphere, exactly what we were looking for. We met the owner right when we arrived and he was very accommodating and made us feel very comfortable. He provided amazing tips and helped us negotiating with a rental car.
The room was clean with a view to the sea, it was great to sip some Robola wine on the balcony after a day on the beach.
Have great memories from this place.
Looking forward to another trip in Greece

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank David S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Argostolion
Hotel Aggelos
#5 of 11 in Lixouri
Galaxy Hotel
Galaxy Hotel
#6 of 12 in Argostolion

Been to King Agamemnon? Share your experiences!