Lowest prices for your stay
US$70
Free cancellation until 11/12/21
Hotels.comUS$70
TravelocityUS$70
Orbitz.comUS$70
All reviews the main square great location replenished daily bars and restaurants recommend this hotel just returned from a two week would stay again shower greece argostoli island printing harbour fridge honey september
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 July 2016

We stayed for a week in early June this year , found the hotel to be spotlessly clean , maid service with fresh towels everyday . Breakfast was a cold buffet or cooked eggs sausage and bacon , fruit juice and coffee , ok , but was the same each day. The hotel is in a fantastic location on the main square with many taverna`s and restaurants very close to hand , also only a 2 minuet stroll onto the seafront with its large amount of bars cafes etc...the only slight negative was the door of the lift closed with a clunk and the sound carried along the hotel corridors . All in all would gladly stay here again if the opportunity presents itself,,,,ps internet worked well in the room and it had a free to use safe...

Room tip: room 343 has sun on the balcony till 3 pm ish....
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2016

Hotel is on the square so in an ideal location. Staff was good and helpful. Room was decent size. Only let down is the hotel n room decor which is dated and can do with some modernising hence my 3 stars.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 20 June 2016

The location is great, which is why we booked. We saw it last year being refurbished.

The room was ok, but it was a case of hunt the socket to recharge anything. The bathroom was a laugh, you couldn't sit on the loo without the toilet roll holder pushing you out to a silly angle, and wiping your bum after a poo wasn't going to happen unless you got off it. The shower only had a curtain, but it was so closed in it clung to you while you were in it. Breakfast was ok, but on a 2 night stay we only ate it once.

Not what we were expecting, but could have been worse.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

Near at Kefalonia city! Economic choice!! Clear place! Close to night life and to tourist area!there are cafes,food restaurants next to hotel. Its a litle old fashion with almost no space at our balcon but we dont care about it! Wealty morning food and coffee!! We suggest it!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Tassos X
Reviewed 17 March 2016

We were in Cephalonia for two weeks - from 28.6. - 12.7.2015, it was in a middle of Greek crisis, when were problems with cash maschines, on the main square were having political gatherings ... but honestly it doesn't affect much on our holidays. There was only one gass station in a middle of nowhere, that one day doesn't have fuel. But in the Argistoli as a main city there were no problems.

Ok, about hotel - very lovely family hotel, great location, on the main square, where is a lot of people and young children playing at evenings. Service was nice, breakfast avarage - sometimes better, sometimes not. Under main stairs are balcony doors to a little garden with some tables, where you can have breakfast outside. Very lovely. The coffee was really terrible - so we buy instant coffee and just take hot water from machine - the lady, who takes care for breakfast, gave us two big cups we can have it during whole stay so we can have coffee at any time we wanted. Rooms were clean, with a nice balcony, roomates were very kind and trustable. So if you are going to stay in Argostoli, I would recommend you this hotel.

But me - if I return one day to Cephalonia, I wouldn't stay at Argostoli. We choose it, because we always rent a scooter and research island all day long. So we were practically just sleep in Argostoli. But to be honest - you don't have anything else to do there. There is no nice beach, taverns are quite poor - I've been to some Greek Island so far and here I was quite dissapointed with food.
We choose Argostoli because of strategic location - and it is great start point to explore. But when you get back to hotel, there is not much to go at evenings except one main street with full of stores and waffles :D

There is also a big problem to rent a motor or car here. I tought as it is the main city that this would be easy. But no - we have to go with bus to the Lassi and get it there. Lassi - this is probably the place where next time would stay.

The nicest beach in Cephalonia for me was Zola. The great bay with the most delicious fish tavern I ever ate (and I'm not fan of seafood and fishes to be honest) is Petani Beach. We return a couple of time also in Sami (from where we also went to Ithaka for one day with fary) on beach Antisamos - which was always full (probably because of free sunbeds).

Don't miss Melissani lake with cave - nice to see and the guide on the little boat was so funny :)

From all the Greek Island I visited so far - my heart belongs to Lefkada. But Cephalonia has the cleanest water I have ever see and really nice beaches - so it is really really close to my number one.

Room tip: With a view on the main square must be lovely - but it could be quite noisy then.
Date of stay: June 2015