If you are looking for nightlife and heavy tourism then Fourni is absoultely not for you. However if you want to get back to basics on an undeveloped island but still wanted to have a comfortable hotel then this is the one for you. The hotel was really good with clean and well furnished rooms. Rooms at the top have food views but remember that you are going to have to fo up a lot of stairs to get to it. The breakfast was the traditional greek style but had a really great choice every day so you won't end up staving from the breakfast. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
Fourni itself has very few restaurants and practically all specialise on fish and lobster. None of them will have a menu and little english is spoken so be prepared to have to order your food by pointing and notes on scraps of paper but that will be the appeal ro some travellers like ourselves. The cost of the fish was the cheapest we have paid for many years of idsland hopping.
A few beaches are available and we picked Psili Amos which was a 20 minute walk from the hotel. This was quite a small secluded beach with a great bar hugging the cliff pfrobiding good snacks and great chill out music.
This island and the hotel wil not be for everyone but if you do like to get back to basics and be at an unspoilt island then Fourni is for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Archipelagos Hotel location at the main traditional fishing port of the island. Rooms Simple, Relaxed & Elegant, 8 double rooms, 1 double room for persons with handicapped, and 3 triple rooms. All have a large balcony and amazing views to the natural harbor of island. Are decorated with warm color and equipped with all main facilities to offer a comfortable and memorable stay to our clients PUBLIC AREAS (Reception, Restaurant, Bar)The public area has a spacious veranda overlooking the sea, is warm, and with excellent decoration. The area of restaurant and breakfast is air-conditioned and offer the possibility of a light music. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Archipelagos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Archipelagos Fourni Korseon
- Archipelagos Hotel Greece/Fourni Korseon