“Few facilities”
Review of Old Orchard House

Old Orchard House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Street
Old Orchard House
Ranked #3 of 8 Street B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed one night during our 12-days bicycle tour in South-West England. Of all guesthouses and B&B's we stayed in, this one was the most expensive one and at the same time the one with less facilities : No TV and shared bathroom. The rooms are located in the hosts house, you use their private stairs and hallways. It is embarrassing to get out of your room.
Wrt the silence policy it wasn't at all so silent. We could hear the hosts talking through the wooden ceilings.
The location is not central at all, nothing at walking distance.
And what a silly idea to place a CACTUS behind a curtain in the children's room !
Besides that, rooms and bathroom were immaculate and breakfast nice, fresh but a little posh.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Odile S

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I stayed at Orchard House for one night whilst visiting Street with my Mother, who is seventy-five years old. The stay could not have been better, we received a warm welcome, the rooms were spotless and well appointed and we could not have been looked after better. The breakfast options are extensive and we enjoyed a lovely, tasty, breakfast. I highly recommend this and thought it was excellent value. I would definitely use this B&B again.

Room Tip: For older people, like my mother, I recommend the room with the on-suite bathroom.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Had a great night in your B&B, friendly reception, lovely tea and scones and extended breakfast!
Roomy bathroom comfy beds. Very clean. Better than a hotel! Nothing to moan about, really, and thanks ever so much for returning our forgotten item! Would happily book again if we're in the area!
Would have also loved to enjoy your garden more! Note: Location is not near city centre so car is quite essential.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I needed a quiet, clean and convenient overnight stop-over and Old Orchard House proved to be the perfect place. A friendly welcome greeted me, complete with tea and cake in the lounge, overlooking the gardens. The yellow bedroom was beautiful - light, airy and spacious. A lovely fluffy duvet, bedside lamp, dressing gown, desk for working, alarm clock etc. The shower room was spotless, with high quality toiletries to hand. I enjoyed a full English cooked breakfast, as well as cereals, gooseberries from the garden, yogurt and wholemeal toast. All accompanied by fresh fruit juice and English Breakfast tea.

I visited Street itself, which I didn't like, but loved the quirkiness of Glastonbury and the quaintness of nearby Somerton. 10/10 for my 24 hour Somerset stay.

Room Tip: I loved the yellow room, which is at the front, so does not benefit from a garden view. This didn...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We stayed for two nights with dinner on one evening.
We received a lovely welcome with sincere friendly and warm attention - nothing was too much trouble. Good, tasty food was cooked and presented well.
A lovely room, lovely garden and warm comfortable lounge.
An altogether enjoyable stay, thank you!

Room Tip: We chose to eat in on our first evening to save us having to find a restaurant after a long journey...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank F P
Reviewed 3 March 2013

My wife and I stayed the weekend. We were given a most royal welcome, served delicious food and generally given better and more attentive service than I have recieved in many an hotel costing many times more! We would recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I stayed here for one night at the start of this week and was very impressed by the caring and calm atmosphere here. Lovely tea, breakfast, room and washing facilities- all clean, well equipped and comfortable. Nothing was too much trouble, and Marion and her husband went out of their way to help you in whatever form. Would highly recommend coming here- relaxing and peaceful in a beautiful area of England.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business