Old Orchard House
Wessex Hotel(Street)
US$103
Premier Inn Glastonbury Hotel(Glastonbury)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
Meare Manor(Glastonbury)
US$120
US$116
US$107
Premier Inn Wells (Somerset)(Wells)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewslovely gardenstayed nightseggs benedictlovely homemarionsalmonscomfortbedroomlounge
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed one night during our 12-days bicycle tour in South-West England. Of all guesthouses and B&B's we stayed in, this one was the most expensive one and at the same time the one with less facilities : No TV and shared bathroom. The rooms are located in the hosts house, you use their private stairs and hallways. It is embarrassing to get out of your room.
Wrt the silence policy it wasn't at all so silent. We could hear the hosts talking through the wooden ceilings.
The location is not central at all, nothing at walking distance.
And what a silly idea to place a CACTUS behind a curtain in the children's room !
Besides that, rooms and bathroom were immaculate and breakfast nice, fresh but a little posh.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Odile S
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I stayed at Orchard House for one night whilst visiting Street with my Mother, who is seventy-five years old. The stay could not have been better, we received a warm welcome, the rooms were spotless and well appointed and we could not have been looked after better. The breakfast options are extensive and we enjoyed a lovely, tasty, breakfast. I highly recommend this and thought it was excellent value. I would definitely use this B&B again.

Room Tip: For older people, like my mother, I recommend the room with the on-suite bathroom.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Had a great night in your B&B, friendly reception, lovely tea and scones and extended breakfast!
Roomy bathroom comfy beds. Very clean. Better than a hotel! Nothing to moan about, really, and thanks ever so much for returning our forgotten item! Would happily book again if we're in the area!
Would have also loved to enjoy your garden more! Note: Location is not near city centre so car is quite essential.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I needed a quiet, clean and convenient overnight stop-over and Old Orchard House proved to be the perfect place. A friendly welcome greeted me, complete with tea and cake in the lounge, overlooking the gardens. The yellow bedroom was beautiful - light, airy and spacious. A lovely fluffy duvet, bedside lamp, dressing gown, desk for working, alarm clock etc. The shower room was spotless, with high quality toiletries to hand. I enjoyed a full English cooked breakfast, as well as cereals, gooseberries from the garden, yogurt and wholemeal toast. All accompanied by fresh fruit juice and English Breakfast tea.

I visited Street itself, which I didn't like, but loved the quirkiness of Glastonbury and the quaintness of nearby Somerton. 10/10 for my 24 hour Somerset stay.

Room Tip: I loved the yellow room, which is at the front, so does not benefit from a garden view. This didn't matter to me as my stay was all too brief.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We stayed for two nights with dinner on one evening.
We received a lovely welcome with sincere friendly and warm attention - nothing was too much trouble. Good, tasty food was cooked and presented well.
A lovely room, lovely garden and warm comfortable lounge.
An altogether enjoyable stay, thank you!

Room Tip: We chose to eat in on our first evening to save us having to find a restaurant after a long journey. We chose a room with an en-suite.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple