“"No bacon"”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I haven't been a Frankie and Bennys before, we went in for breakfast before going shopping in Clarks Village. I was quite looking forward to it, when we were given our menus the waiter said Sorry we have no bacon. I wanted a full English breakfast so I asked what they would substitute for the bacon he said 'Extra tomato or mushroom' I said what about another sausage. He reluctantly agreed. When it came the beans were cold the sausages were almost inedible and the potato things were much to salty. I shan't be going there again.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Visited this restaurant for breakfast yesterday. Staff were helpful, but it was very difficult to even place our order - the drinks waitress refused to take our order, and said she would send someone over to take it. No one came. 20 minutes later, we were still waiting and had to stop someone to ask if we may please order! Food came in decent time, but they did not bring cutlery and we were left waiting to eat for about five minutes before they brought them. My boyfriend's pancakes were lacking the maple syrup he had ordered - again another wait. Food was good though, and staff pleasant once you had their attention!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Our experience at Frankie and Benny's was less than average this week in Street. After a long morning in Taunton, we 'popped in' for lunch on the way home, and we were left disappointed again. We were seated by a nice gentleman, in under 1 minute which was superb! However, within a few minutes, we were pestered for our order, which was not overly polite. When we had ordered, service was fast, but customer service lacked. When we were waiting for our meal, staff shouted at eachother and we were ignored when we wanted another drinks order!

In terms of cleanliness, the franchise is not up to scratch, with several of the four knives and forks in our table covered with food. This really put me in particular off my food!

When the food did arrive, it was average, and cold. This is a real shame for such a wonderful chain! The Frankie and Benny's in Weston has excellent service and delicious food! It seems strange, however the Street franchise is just not up to standard, this makes it my second negative experience there.

I hope that in the future, the franchise will be in line with the others, at which service an food are brilliant!

1  Thank Elisabeth D
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Why are their prices so high? The food was awful and cost £40 just for a main course for 2 people, an extra portion of onion rings, 2 becks and a coke, bloody ridiculous!!!
The portions are quite small, my chicken was cold and the sauce tasted like cleaning fluid.
Don't waste your time and money going there.

2  Thank neil0909090
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Called in with some friends before the cinema and, despite having to wait a while to be seated everything was good. My friend informed the waiter that we were in a hurry and he assured us we would be fine. And we were. We opted for the set menu and wine. All of it lovely. Will probably return when next out.

1  Thank KJay99