All reviews old building high street clarks village nice bar area room was large road noise original features an evening drink visit glastonbury breakfast was excellent two night stay wooden beams full english breakfast enjoyed our stay stayed here for one night top floor few minutes walk
Reviewed 10 November 2007

So a trip in to the unknown. A town with no hotels on Trip Advisor. Picked this out of 3 on the same street by looking at their web entries.

This one is centrally located with good parking. Welcomed at a rather odd reception hatch that you might mistake for something else. This is located by the back entrance from the car park rather than the from on the main street.

I had booked a single by phone but was persuaded to take a double, at my expense, on arrival. Probably more roomy. Plenty of storage space. Bed comfortable. Bathroom rather oddly laid out up some steps basin in front toilet left, shower, no bath, right.

Some wifi available in refurbished rooms although not in my room which wasnt. I think their web site says others will be refurbished too.

Despite overllooking the main street noise was not an issue.

Breakfast was excellent although it finished at 9.00 on all weekdays which I thought a bit early, 9.30 at weekends. Freshly cooked food to order was most welcome and is often not found at more exclusive properties than this. The service was excellent.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 23 September 2007

We stayed for one nght in a twin room at the top of the hotel. The room didn't look anything like the pictures of the rooms on the web site and it hadn't had any new furniture for a long time. Even the TV dated from a time before remote controls were introduced. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank Dylan_Fan_Surrey
Reviewed 23 May 2007

Stayed here for a wedding. The room was ok however the bed was way past it's sell by date. When we reported this the next day the hotel staff were very unhelpful. I'm not moaning over a little thing I am very easy going, but the mattress was non existant and really uncomfortable and we were made to feel terrible for speaking out.

Additionally, a friend who travelled with us from London turned up and found he had no booking. Again, the staff were very unhelpful and couldn't care less that he had no where to stay.
Luckily he found a place in the Bull Hotel 2 mins up the road who were the most helpful and accommodation people.

I would say, use the Bull and not Mullions.

Stayed: May 2007