All reviewsold buildinghigh streetclarks villagenice bar arearoom was largeroad noiseoriginal featuresan evening drinkvisit glastonburybreakfast was excellenttwo night staywooden beamsfull english breakfastenjoyed our staystayed here for one nighttop floornice stay
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed at Mullions51 during a recent business trip. Arriving at 9.00pm I was greeted by a member of staff who could barely make eye contact while he watched the Spurs game on his laptop. I was handed my key but there was no offer of a wake-up call/newspaper etc.

It had been a long journey so I asked if the bar was open. It was, but barely had I taken a sip of my pint that the lights were turned off and the bar was closed - at 9.10pm. No chance of a second drink then! The member of staff then left to sit in the breakfast area, taking his laptop and football game with him.

The room itself was very tired and basic. There was no bath and the shower facilities had definitely seen better days. Everything had a very cheap feel about it, from the bedroom door to the furniture and bed linen.

Breakfast was served from 7.30am and was fine. There appeared to be only one member of staff working as I had to wait a while to check out as he was serving breakfast. I was not once asked if I'd enjoyed my stay and I don't think I have ever stayed in a hotel where the members of staff have showed such indifference to their guests.

And the lack of service doesn't come cheap. My room was £80.00 which considering all of the above was hugely overpriced. I won't be returning!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Dead_Clown
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The building is beautifully looked after. It is a mixture of partial open stone walls and old wooden panels. The windows frames are stone and the beams have such character. I hope all who stay here appreciate the place. The photos on their website are good but don't do it justice. Our room was a standard room. It was clean, bed comfy and the shower was good with lots of hot water. My husband has stayed here several times and says the superior rooms are stunning. They don't do evening meals but there are lots of good restaurants around, however breakfast was lovely. I look forward to staying again and will book ahead to get a superior room.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stayed here as a change from staying at the Bear last time. Room was upstairs and very very hot, had to open the window in January!! very stuffy. Bathroom had facilities but basic and old, and proably not the cleanest, as i found a bindi on the floor :( lounge bar downstairs is nice to have a drink before walking up to the pub for dinner. Great location if working in Clarkes village and plenty of parking.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Been going to the Mullions for over 20 years on business.
Alas I've made my last visit as retirement(early I may add!!!) loomsa nd I've seen this place at its best and worst.
Stay in one of the new Ground-floor rooms and enjoy the wonderful atmospheric bar and areally hearty breakfast----it's now a great place to be.
Shame they don't do food in the evening as at one it time it was very good.
But there's plenty of places to eat in Street.
Thanks "Mullions" I've enjoyed myself over the years---and I'm sure you will if you give it a try.
Good Luck in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I have stayed twice here, once on business and once when visiting Street. The staff are very friendly and the hotel has a warm and welcoming atmosphere. The upstairs rooms are comfortable, if a little basic. The rooms downstairs (slightly higher price) are spacious and worth the extra cost. A nice bar area. I only had breakfast in the hotel which was good on both occasions. Reasonable value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business