All reviewsold buildinghigh streetclarks villagenice bar arearoom was largeroad noiseoriginal featuresan evening drinkvisit glastonburybreakfast was excellenttwo night staywooden beamsfull english breakfastenjoyed our staystayed here for one nighttop floorfew minutes walk
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Mullions is unassuming, very pleasant and well located.
If you're after a decent breakfast in comfortable accommodation in Street then I would definitely recommend it.
I've heard the rooms vary. I stayed in one of the "standard rooms" and, although not huge, it was well decorated and very comfortable.
I will almost definitely stay again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank spannavision
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Have stayed here a few times over the last couple of months and found it generally to be comfortable. The rooms do vary in size - there is a single room on the top floor which is quite small, but all the others I've had have been good sizes. Breakfast in the morning has always been good, choice of full english or various other options, cooked to order. Wifi generally works, with occasional dropouts. Very convenient for Street town centre. There is a bar for guests but I've never found it to be noisy. Rooms have always been clean and bathrooms are fine. Generally there is a desk and chair but the small single room doesn't have one. The front door closes at 9pm but they give you a key to get in through the backdoor.

Room Tip: I usually book a superior room, these seem to be larger.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2014

After checking the comments on TA I was happy to book a short stopover but the room really wasn't great. Cheap bedding and fittings and really poor bathroom. Flatscreen TV helped drown out the noise from the drunk people shouting outside and the boy racers.

There really isn't much in Street and you could do worst but don't have a room at the front.

Room Tip: Make sure it's not at the front
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dillonc1980
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed at Mullions51 during a recent business trip. Arriving at 9.00pm I was greeted by a member of staff who could barely make eye contact while he watched the Spurs game on his laptop. I was handed my key but there was no offer of a wake-up call/newspaper etc.

It had been a long journey so I asked if the bar was open. It was, but barely had I taken a sip of my pint that the lights were turned off and the bar was closed - at 9.10pm. No chance of a second drink then! The member of staff then left to sit in the breakfast area, taking his laptop and football game with him.

The room itself was very tired and basic. There was no bath and the shower facilities had definitely seen better days. Everything had a very cheap feel about it, from the bedroom door to the furniture and bed linen.

Breakfast was served from 7.30am and was fine. There appeared to be only one member of staff working as I had to wait a while to check out as he was serving breakfast. I was not once asked if I'd enjoyed my stay and I don't think I have ever stayed in a hotel where the members of staff have showed such indifference to their guests.

And the lack of service doesn't come cheap. My room was £80.00 which considering all of the above was hugely overpriced. I won't be returning!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Dead_Clown
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The building is beautifully looked after. It is a mixture of partial open stone walls and old wooden panels. The windows frames are stone and the beams have such character. I hope all who stay here appreciate the place. The photos on their website are good but don't do it justice. Our room was a standard room. It was clean, bed comfy and the shower was good with lots of hot water. My husband has stayed here several times and says the superior rooms are stunning. They don't do evening meals but there are lots of good restaurants around, however breakfast was lovely. I look forward to staying again and will book ahead to get a superior room.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple