“Friendly and in a great location”
Review of Mullions Hotel

and 1 more site!
Mullions Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Street
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Nice little B&B just outside Glastonbury in Street with local shops nearby. Very friendly landlord and landlady and although the whole place could do with a bit of a facelift, on the whole it was clean and tidy with a pleasant little terrace out the back to sit and enjoy a drink. The room was a nice size and the shower extremely powerful , plenty of hot water and nice complimentary toiletries. When I return I will definately stay there again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife & I, WITH MY FAMILY have stayed at the Mullions hotel for several years & we have sadly watched it's demise, when we first stayed at the Mullions in Street we had Breakfast & dinner & the bar was open, now you can only have breakfast & the bar closes at 9.00pm, the executive rooms are executive in size only, nothing else is better than your normal standard room, the rooms are not cleaned to a very good standard & the breakfast is not as good as it was. We are very sad the way the Mullions in street has deteriorated over the last few years & it is with sadness that we will probably not stay there any more.

Room Tip: dont select a room go to another b& b
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank daveyboy297
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed the night before we ventured on to Glastonbury festival. The hotel is in an ideal location on the high street, just a short walk from a few nice bars, pubs and restaurants. The hotel has ample parking round the back. We were given a warm welcome and the hotel felt very cosy. The room was a lovely size with a double bed and two singles and yet still plenty of room. Very clean and well equipped including a selection of toilettries.
Breakfast in the morning was ample, tasty and couldn't have wanted anything more.
Would recommend a stay here and plan to stay again ourselves next year!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Mullions is unassuming, very pleasant and well located.
If you're after a decent breakfast in comfortable accommodation in Street then I would definitely recommend it.
I've heard the rooms vary. I stayed in one of the "standard rooms" and, although not huge, it was well decorated and very comfortable.
I will almost definitely stay again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank spannavision
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Have stayed here a few times over the last couple of months and found it generally to be comfortable. The rooms do vary in size - there is a single room on the top floor which is quite small, but all the others I've had have been good sizes. Breakfast in the morning has always been good, choice of full english or various other options, cooked to order. Wifi generally works, with occasional dropouts. Very convenient for Street town centre. There is a bar for guests but I've never found it to be noisy. Rooms have always been clean and bathrooms are fine. Generally there is a desk and chair but the small single room doesn't have one. The front door closes at 9pm but they give you a key to get in through the backdoor.

Room Tip: I usually book a superior room, these seem to be larger.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2014

After checking the comments on TA I was happy to book a short stopover but the room really wasn't great. Cheap bedding and fittings and really poor bathroom. Flatscreen TV helped drown out the noise from the drunk people shouting outside and the boy racers.

There really isn't much in Street and you could do worst but don't have a room at the front.

Room Tip: Make sure it's not at the front
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dillonc1980
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed at Mullions51 during a recent business trip. Arriving at 9.00pm I was greeted by a member of staff who could barely make eye contact while he watched the Spurs game on his laptop. I was handed my key but there was no offer of a wake-up call/newspaper etc.

It had been a long journey so I asked if the bar was open. It was, but barely had I taken a sip of my pint that the lights were turned off and the bar was closed - at 9.10pm. No chance of a second drink then! The member of staff then left to sit in the breakfast area, taking his laptop and football game with him.

The room itself was very tired and basic. There was no bath and the shower facilities had definitely seen better days. Everything had a very cheap feel about it, from the bedroom door to the furniture and bed linen.

Breakfast was served from 7.30am and was fine. There appeared to be only one member of staff working as I had to wait a while to check out as he was serving breakfast. I was not once asked if I'd enjoyed my stay and I don't think I have ever stayed in a hotel where the members of staff have showed such indifference to their guests.

And the lack of service doesn't come cheap. My room was £80.00 which considering all of the above was hugely overpriced. I won't be returning!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Dead_Clown
Also consider these accommodations in or near Street
1 mi away
#4 of 5 in Glastonbury
Millbatch Farm
Millbatch Farm
#5 of 5 in Glastonbury

Been to Mullions Hotel? Share your experiences!