“Great fun!”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

The onsen was great, and I was very impressed by the evening dance show. The dancing was very skilled and they did dances from many Polynesian islands, even New Zealand!

I was able to have my photo taken with fire dancers after the performance.

Unfortunately, I came too late in the day to try out any dance lessons. I suspect it'd be a bit tricky for me, as I don't know very much Japanese.

There was a good amount of English signage. They gave me both a Japanese and an English brochure, as the English one was written before the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami, and the place has undergone rebuilding and expansion since then. I suspect they don't expect many people to visit from overseas - please prove them wrong!

The only downside with this place is it being in Iwaki, which is a bit of a train ride from Tokyo. Also, make sure to book accommodation in advance, in a convenient location, as this place is still very popular with Japanese people!

Visited September 2012