“clam chowder”

Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Harbourview Cafe is an intimate friendly eatery ideally located on the north shore of Lake Ontario, mid way between Toronto and Montreal.All home cooking and baking. We make the best chowder, baked fish & chips, steak & kidney pie, curry and english breakfast. Weddings and private parties, wine tastings & tea parties our speciality. Visit our web site for photos and menu. now open daily
“clam chowder”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

this rest makes the very best clam chowder ever .. served with garlic W/ melted cheese bread .. mmmm good

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Lyndathomasgibson

Toronto, Canada
“Cute Place for Lunch”
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here for a quick lunch and were very pleased. Excellent service from all staff we encountered - they were able to customize something for me. Very yummy food - fresh sandwich which great ingredients and awsome chowder. Amaing location right on the harbor. Very impressed!

1 Thank Chantal S
Brighton, Canada
“Great view, good food,high prices”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Lunch on Sunday was very pleasant. With a great view of Brighton Bay you can watch the sail and power boats moving about and coming in to the associated Marina. When the sun shines food and booze is served on the deck at nice tables with shades. Very idyllic setting.
The server was bouncy and cheerful and knowledgeable and smart. Lunch was quite good; grilled cheese with real cheddar for him, quiche with salad for her. With tea and coffee the bill came to a startling $40.00.

Trenton, Canada
“Great Location, Poor Service”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Friends told me about this cafe on the water and how they loved their breakfast and lunches and friendly staff. I took my girlfriend in for dinner one night and wasn't impressed.
It is a beautiful spot, however we sat down and it took over 10 minutes to get greeted
and our drinks ordered...after about another 10 minutes or so the drinks came and they were wrong which the older waitress told me I was wrong ?? Never had a waitress argue with me before? Even when the food came it was wrong but we took it...my girlfriend was starving by then. It wasn't that busy but the service was horrific!
Beautiful location...food was very good.....but they seriously need improved dinner service!! Maybe I should have tried breakfast??

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great meal, great location!”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My wife and I ventured down to the Harbourview Cafe in Brighton last week for dinner, after a long day at work. We have visited this restaurant many times in the past, and have always had a great meal. We were once again were treated very well by Jenny and her staff while sitting by the water and enjoying beautiful Brighton Bay. The meal we had that night was outstanding. We both started with a great ceasar salad and garlic bread and had Jenny's amazing shepherds pie for a main course. One of the most comforting and tasty meals I have ever had. My wife also highly recommends the strawberry/rhubarb pie!

• Visited May 2013