“In need of a makeover”

Ranked #14 of 24 Restaurants in Brighton
Port Maitland, Canada
“In need of a makeover”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We had just moved to Brighton and have been trying out some of the local dining. It was Rosie's turn.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Gary O

Trenton, Canada
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Rosie's may be small and cute, but it offers delicious homemade dishes. My husband and I love to go to dinner at Rosie's ... We are always greeted with friendly familiar faces and have many options to choose from. We appreciate how easy going the chefs are ... They are willing to make things that aren't on the menu for us or to change things to make them how we want them specifically. The inside may need some updating but the friendly service and delicious meals make up for this. I highly recommend trying this place out. It is deceiving how great this small joint actually is.

• Visited October 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Can't beat the price”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

It is definitely a place that attracts the local seniors, the most expensive dish being $13.

We had been camping in nearby Presqui'lle park and were not too fussy.

The service wasn't very friendly, but it was OK food...just a small-town diner.

Don't expect a big city/big chain experience and you'll be fine.

• Visited September 2013
Vancouver
“Sorry Rosie....time to pack it in.”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

On the road and starving.....happened upon Rosie's in Brighton, ON. Should have kept driving. Well, I shouldn't have had great expectations for an embellished greasy spoon. I'm always willing to give a new experience the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately, my curiosity got the best of me on this occasion. The waitress was nice. Outside of that, there are no pleasantries to be exchnaged. The food was terrible, the hygiene was questionable. I lost my appetite after visiting the washroom (which I didn't end up using). The urinal was out of service and the stall was, shall we service, full of service and not in a condition to utilize.

• Visited June 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Needs Updating and Better Food”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

The restaurant was grossly dirty especially the carpets and walls. It was worse than a truck stop. The place looks like it hasn't been renovated since 1950 and the food is about the same! The prices were ok though the food seemed to be prepackaged crap not the homecooked meal we were expecting for a family restaurant. Would never go back.

Visited November 2012