“Fourth visit, says it all”

CLC Apollonium Spa & Beach
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Milas
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is the 4th time that we have stayed here and have yet to be disappointed. We arrived late on Saturday 5th July , about midnight and knew from previous visits that the likeliehood of hot food was minimal and had planned accordingl.There was a welcome pack provided. Check in was extremely quick and within 10 minutes of arriving we were on the buggy to our apartment. In the past we have stayed in apts on Ares and have been more than satisfied; this time we had a three storey apartment on Hera, it was excellent. Lower ground floor,master bedroom with en-suite and jacuzzi , access to garden and hot tub. Upper ground, road level double bed with balcony, kitchen/diner better equiped than most kitchens, First floor huge sun terrace. Flat screen TVs in all rooms but who comes to Turkey to watch TV .
Some of the staff remembered us from previous visits which always helps and it helps alot if yu try a little Turkish. Food was generally very good, but we did have one meal that wasn't.We ordered steaks, very rare and they arrived well done- not a problem, they were exchaged without quibble, unfortunately their replacements would have made excellent boot soles. When the waiter came to clear he saw the waste, we explained the reason and he immediately called his manager, the problem was resolved: ..... For the next week we were looked after with amazing care. The fish restaurant is slightly more expensive but not unduly, we ordered food here twice. The fish was excellent as was the service, unfortunately so were the wasps, we later discovered that our grand daughterwas wearing BOSS Orange- be warned. The next table had no problems. Our second use of the fish restaurant caused a little disagreement amongst waiters, we had arranged to use the bar restaurant for fish , but a second waiter said no, again no contest first waiter won.
On the subject of Sams a previous writer has written use it for bread and water only; I concur
I have no issues with the staff, always friendly and helpful, Unfortunately the range is resticted and expensive, use the mini-mart on the adjoining development. They will also deliver 18L water bottles complete withh a pump,much cheaper than 4L bottles.
Last year Sams was where hairdressers is and we had a similar problem, no stock, high price. After a conversation at the Golf resort things happened very quickly,lots of stock and reasonably competetive after that- so somebody does listen.
Boat trip. I expected a full boat and arrived early. No problem- boat just half full, we all enjoyed the day out. Apparently the boat had not been full all season, I think that its not bad value for a day out about £16.
Visit Akbuk, lots of bars/restaurants/supermarkets. I find the best is the one thats not KIPA/MIGROS/PEM. However sometimes their card reader doesn't work.
I know that this reads negatively but it was an excellent holiday. CLC have a good product here , don't spoil it,
To sum it up: resort facilities excellent, staff excellent, shop lacking but adequate local alternatives available, local taxis will drop you to your door.

5  Thank adrasanlad
CLCWorld, Guest Relations Manager at CLC Apollonium Spa & Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

I was so pleased to see that you enjoyed your fourth visit to our resort! It is always good to hear from our guests and it is good to know that we continue to meet your expectations! We look forward to welcoming you back. Resort Manager, Apollonium

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Having literally just returned from this resort, I felt duty bound to write a review because we had such an amazing time. Both myself and my husband are members of CLC (aged 30-35) and although new to the fractional scheme we are getting to grips with the process and excellent standard of facilities. This was our third time to Turkey but first time to one of the CLC resorts and we were not let down in any means, prior to travelling I read the previous reviews and was expecting a horrendous transfer through the mountains and rock hard beds! So let me start from the beginning.
We booked our transfer through CLC travel (I opted for the shuttle bus as it was much cheaper than the private taxi £44 in comparison to £100+) we ended up sharing our 'shuttle' with one other couple so we were very happy as knowing there would only be one other drop off (thankfully ours was first!) it took 1hr 45 min via the main roads to get to the resort which included a drop off at a local restaurant / bar which was well received. The nearest town is Akbuk which you can access via a regular bus service from the resort at 4.50TL per person each way - this I thoroughly recommend in order to access the supermarkets. The resort it self is wonderful, the grounds are really well kept and our apartment was excellent, very clean and very spacious. Yes the beds are a little hard but really...what do people expect? We found them to be fine and slept very well each night. Upon arrival the reception staff were very friendly (I wouldn't expect anything less) and we had a look around the resort, the supermarket 'SAMs store' is very sparse and very expensive I would only recommend buying water and bread here and travelling into Akbuk for everything else, thankfully when we arrived CLC gave us a welcome pack in the fridge which we made excellent use of. Each set of apartments have their own swimming pools which are plenty big enough and we never had an issue with getting sunbeds at any time of the day. The main pool / beach area was a different story, unfortunately even though it says "you cannot reserve sunbeds" people obviously still do and if you are not at the main pool / beach by 9:45am there is no chance! This didn't bother us to be honest as we're more than happy to sunbathe around our own pool. In the main area you can also pay 20TL to hire a luxury double sun bed and parasol however again we were not their earlier enough to get one one of these. On the second day we visit the resorts spa both myself and my husband had a Turkish bath, full body massage and facial - the quality of service was excellent and I thoroughly recommend this before you hit the sunbathing!
We had a 2 bed grade 'D' apartment with a hot tub which was lovely to jump in of the early evening. Happy hour at the beach bar ran from 6-7pm when every drink was half price (normally a beer is 10TL, soft drink 5TL and cocktail 20TL) this was always busy but the bar staff worked incredibly hard to serve everyone plenty of times so no need to worry. We ate breakfast in the restaurant under reception which was 28TL each buffet style and we also ate in the fish restaurant one evening watching the sunset and our total bill came to 162TL which included a 3 course dinner and bottle of wine which we thought was pretty good).
Along the beach to the right (150metres) there are three local places to eat, Ali's Bar and Restaurant, Doganay and beach (something) each one serve local cuisine and were cheaper than the resort itself. We found ourselves eating in 3 times as we prefer this and eating out the other days. On our trip to Akbuk to the supermarket we also ate lunch in another local restaurant (tucked away from the main road facing the beach - it's worth a walk down here as there are about 5-6 different ones to choose from). If you do not like the idea of travelling to Akbuk for supplies there is a local market / shop about 5 mins walk away from the resort which sells fresh fruit, veg, beer and dairy (you are limited in options here but will make do if you don't see yourself coking dinners in your apartment every night). We did spend a day with one of the CLC resort reps to visit the other resort in Turkey and be informed about the progressions with the Ramada venture in Kusadasi, although we didn't buy a hotel suite (selling at £102,000) it was very interesting to hear how CLC is growing and we will look to stay there in the near future. On this trip the rep takes you for lunch (fully paid for by CLC) and takes you shopping in Kusadasi if you wish. Our return transfer was via the mountains, again we had a 'shuttle' bus to ourselves so definitely recommend this, it took only 45mins to get to Bodrum airport and although quite bumpy it wasn't as horrendous as I thought (bearing in mind I suffer with travel sickness I was fine with this journey).
All in all we both had an excellent time, this resort is quite and relaxing - don't expect the hustle and bustle there is no rush and this was a well deserved time to relax and enjoy ourselves in splendid facilities we will definitely be going back. Thank you for another lovely holiday CLC!!

Room Tip: We stayed in Adonis 35 but all are very good!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank DKershaw2014

Thank you for posting your helpful comments. I was pleased to see that you are finding you way round making the most of your membership and please don’t hesitate to contact member services who are there to make sure that you take advantage of all that is on offer when holidaying with us. The spa treatments are popular and it was good to see that you enjoyed your treatments. We set high standards for both the resort and customer service and it is always nice to receive compliments! Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused by people reserving sun beds in the main pool and beach area. We do our best to police this but we do very much rely on guests showing consideration for their fellow holidaymakers – I was glad to see that you had no difficulties around your own pool. We look forward to welcoming you back for a second visit. Resort Manager, Apollonium

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Well folks another fortnight draws to a closeour main family holiday.

The accomodaion is second to none proberbly betterr than living at home with saround sound to accompany sky flat screen tv. For the wife a dishwasher to look after the nail investment, 3 bedrooms all ensuite, patio for us to eat breakfast and a sun terrace on the roof, we also had our own jaccuzzi to keep cool.

Went down to the main area which has kids pool and slides, jet ski rides, banna boat ridesand water sking if thats what youi like lol.

The food for both lunch and a la carte at night time is excellent, prices reasonable at about 15-20 TL depends on what yoy pick of course, we tried the fish restaurant over looking the sea as the sun set, brought tears to our eyes. So hot you know what i mean lol.

I would like to pay a special than you to Surtan who is the restaurant and bar manager who made us feel like turkish residents Did not over bother us but if there was anything we wanted it was never too much trouble.

My daughter of 14 helped with activities and realy enjoyed her self to say she was on her own.

In signing off folks, if you have not been you dont and will never know what you are missing.

As the saying goes, I"ll BE BACK, Cant wait.

Regards all. Ian Oliver Staying in Hera 24

Room Tip: When booking all you need to do is ask for either ground or upper level, every room comes with a poo...
3  Thank Oliversholiday
CLCWorld, Guest Relations Manager at CLC Apollonium Spa & Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

I was delighted to see that you found you accommodation a home from home and I have passed on your kind comments to the restaurant and bar staff. We are a family friendly resort so I was pleased that your teenage daughter had an enjoyable time and we look forward to your return!
Resort Manager, Apollonium

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have just spent my third visit to Apollonium Spa & Beach Resort and as I have said before in my earlier reviews I was not disappointed. Even the beds were better due to requesting mattress toppers. I only used the restaurant once this year as we spent a lot of time at Sultans Restaurant in nearby Akbuk. The apartments were up to their usual high standards with only the numerous power cuts letting the site down. I read that some of the staff were poorly trained but any of the staff that I had dealings with were very friendly and very efficient. I'm already looking forward to my next visit in the near future.

4  Thank Shiny8163
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This resort is excellent. The apartment we had was light and bright, roomy and spotlessly clean. There was a huge fridge, TV any many other home comforts. The grounds are beautifully kept and the numerous pools are great. Plenty to do for the kids as well as the adults, and even me at 51 took part in the afternoon beach volley ball (what a laugh).
Back to the title. I love Turkey and its people, but the remoteness of this place means that you could be in Spain, Portugal or italy. There are no streets to wander round to mix with the locals although the two basic off site restaurants were excellent. These are kept pretty secret, but worth finding. My only other complaint is that the walls of the apartment are paper thin which is surprising, as the build quality is very good. The bedroom backed on to the neighbours sitting room and you could just about follow the conversation.
That said, if you want a great relaxing holiday it is ideal. The journey from the airport is a bit of a nightmare but worth it. Would I return, probably not as I will be looking for more of the real Turkey.

Room Tip: Top floor apartments also have a roof terrace,
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Woodward01283
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We have just returned from the Club La Costa resort of the "Apollonium"We found the staff were fantastic the service we received was one of the best especially Alican and Yasser , the food in the restaurant especially breakfast was good value 55 TL each,the Al A Carte was slightly expensive but very nice and the Fish restaurant exceptional but pricey reservation required.Down side the beer i thought expensive but a short walk along the beech to"Alis Bar half the price at 7 TL for a large beer.Location wise 25 minutes on the frequently ran bus to Akbuk causes no problem supermarkets and good restaurants,use the supermarkets because the on site shop is poor and expensive.Would we go again yes without any hesitation. Yes I am a member.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank cheeths

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and for your kind remarks about our staff. We set high standards for customer care and it is always nice when this is noticed by members and guests. Our on site shop is designed to provide useful basics and there are indeed supermarkets handily located for more comprehensive shopping. We offer beer at 5TL every night at the Beach Bar Happy Hour and while our buffet dinner is indeed 55TL we do provide a great value breakfast at 28TL! I was pleased to see that you found your holiday relaxing, and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Resort Manager

Reviewed 10 July 2014

7 of us stayed at the resort which belongs to club la costa, the staff were amazing, the area was very quiet and quite far away from the next village, so if you want to relax...its great, if you want lively probably not what you are looking for,,, we used the turkish spa ( a must do) that was on site....they were brillant, my husband had a shoulder problem and they treated for 4 days with a medical massage....he is completely cured. The food choice is not amazing, but for bar snacks it was great...never ate at the restraunt, the fruit was always covered in wasps!!! Down the beach there are two little family owned restaraunts, they are ok, the one on the right is adjoined to the families home ( the better one)one on the left is like a shack!!!! Try the chill out zone....fab!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank samantha s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milas
Aurum Didyma Spa & Beach Resort Hotel
Yalicapkini Boutique Hotel
Tuntas Suites AltInkum
Tuntas Suites AltInkum
#2 of 30 in Altinkum

Been to CLC Apollonium Spa & Beach? Share your experiences!