“Kite Surf Paradise”
Kite Surfer at Long Beach
The Ladies Of Silver Sands
Barbados Sunset
Bon Appetite!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Rene G
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Canada
“Kite Surf Paradise”
Reviewed 17 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

Our visit to Gemini House B & B in Barbados was excellent. The kite surfing was exceptional. I have been kite surfing 10 years traveling to many destinations to kite and I must say this was the best kite surf vacation ever for me. The Gemini House is located between 2 kite surf spots: Silver Sands where beginners and intermediate kiters can have a ball. Long Beach where more advanced kite surfers can crank it up a knotch and surf some big waves. Winds are steady and constant so you do not have to sit on the beach and wait for wind.
Jerri and Steve offer great hospitality and the breakfast is delicious.
This is definitely in the top kiting destinations in the world and I recommend it to all my brothers and sisters out there in the kiting community.

Travelling group: Avec mon époux(se) / partenaire
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Interstel...
Kassel, Germany
“very nice host and good sleep”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

we stayed only for one night. gemini is a perfect b&b when you have a short stop on barbados. it is near to the airport. we slept very well, in a nice room with air-conditioning.
the breakfast is delicious and the hosts are nice conversational partners

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
watergirl...
Hood River, Oregon
“Simple, unpretentious & near the beach, but overpriced”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

The reason I am giving Gemini House 3 stars is because I think it is way overpriced for what you get. Mind you -- I am fine with the simple accommodations, and actually quite liked it. But I felt the room with shared bathroom in this residential neighborhood was worth more like $50-60 per night, definitely not $110. I am guessing that Barbados and this area in particular (close to the airport and beach) can get these rates because of the number of visitors that come just for one night before traveling on to other smaller Caribbean islands via the airport. Here are more details on the Gemini House...

Gemini House is a one-story house in a residential neighborhood both close to the airport ($13 taxi ride) and just a 3 minute walk to the beach in the Inch Marlow section of Christ Church. I felt like I was walking into my aunt's rural rambler when I walked through the yard and up the steps into Gemini House.

Jeri, the co-owner, was a great host - very sweet and accommodating. The room was very simple and bare-bones - it had a queen bed with a closet and windows to the neighbor's with a nice breeze. My room shared a bathroom with one other person who seemed to be in the bathroom for an extra long time every time I needed to use it. The wireless worked great. Jeri made a nice and simple breakfast of mixed fruit, scones, juice and coffee.

Gemini House is about a 10 minute walk to the kite beach, which was very convenient for me as a kiteboarder. I walked to D'Action Beach and rented kiteboarding gear for 2 hours. There was also a mini mart along the way for simple edible necessities. Other than these amenities, there is nothing here in this area. There was one restaurant down the street by the beach that was pretty expensive and targeted to the guests that stayed at that little hotel. I understand there is a local bus that picks up just a block from Gemini House and drives along the beach toward Bridgetown but I did not take it. I would have liked to stay longer than one night but not sure I would have stayed at Gemini House for the $110 price.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: proximity to the beach
Liked least: price for what you get
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
22 Feb 2014
Overpriced? Anyone searching for accommodations in Barbados during February is unlikely to find anything in the $50-60 per night price range near the beach. $110. per night (including breakfast) during the peak of the winter season is VERY reasonable. Actually, I would not be able to keep our little inn open at your 1990 prices!
Colorado

Older travelers Rugged travelers
UK
Reviewed 14 November 2012 for a stay in November 2012

People with disabilities Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing