“McGinty's Fish and Chips”
Review of Jaki Fish and Chip Shop - MOVED

Jaki Fish and Chip Shop
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Takeout
Description: This is a family run business that has been established for over 1o years. Serving probably the best taditional Fish and Chip with quality service in the area. Since Feb 2018 I have no longer been trading at the Fortrose or Invergordon location but look forward to my loyal customers visiting me in Muir of Ord
Reviewed 29 July 2015

A top-notch 'chippy' - fresh cod fish and home cut fries. A huge portion with deliciously light and crispy batter. A ledge to sit and eat in if needed. Friendly and fast service. Yumm!

Date of visit: July 2015

Reviewed 19 April 2015

Can't fault the quality of the fish, crispy batter and great chips, one of the better establishments of this type

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed 14 February 2015

I ordered a plain pizza supper and was really disappointed it was very overcooked and the cheese on it was all dried up, looked awful, its years since I have had a pizza supper but I have never had one cooked like this! couldn't eat it ..chips were ok. I almost took it back as was so disappointed, wouldn't go back.

Date of visit: February 2015
1  Thank 757jane
Jaki S, Owner at Jaki Fish and Chip Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2015

Hi
I am really sorry that your deep fried pizza was over cooked. I must admit we had changed products from a company that we had used for 6 years and we have found that the Deep fried pizza is the worst product change that we have had. You are absolutely right they do burn underneath and all the cheese fries off and believe it or not it can cause the person frying problems too.
I need to acknowledge that it will be a continuous problems if we allow the pizza to be fried without batter. Please do not let that put you off trying other products and to ask that you come back and try our home made pizza when they are re introduced at the end of march. Thank you for making us aware of the issue as improvements can not be made with out comments like this.
Jaki

Reviewed 11 January 2015

just read about what you have done for the elderly people where you are . what a lovely thing to do and you should be so proud . ive posted on my facebook page for all buisness;es to see hoeing some will take a leaf out your book and help the elderly at these bad weather condition;s keep up the good work x

Date of visit: January 2015
Jaki S, Owner at Jaki Fish and Chip Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2015

Hi Thanks for your comments it is nice to know that people have appreciated what we have done to help. My belated father always looked after the elderly when we had power cuts as kids and this would make him proud that we managed to do it on a bigger scale. It has opened our eyes to how vulnerable people of all ages are at a time like this as we helped all ages whom were really cold and had no heat or even eaten. All my staff from past and present pulled out all the stops to come on board and gave their time and effort to make it all happen. All three of our shops pulled together with others and my belief is that we are only as good as the team we have behind us. Now we know we can do this, hopefully if it happens again in the future then we can become the center of help for the surrounding communities.It was hard work, but wow we all enjoyed the atmosphere.
Again I would like to thank you on behalf of all my staff
jaki

Reviewed 20 December 2014

I normally use my McGinty's in Invergordon as its closer. But I've used the one in Fortrose as well.

My comments that follow apply to both chippies.

My partner and I normally get a jumbo fish supper each ( in Scotland by saying Supper after you say fish or Sausage ....automatically implies you want chips with it). The fish is always cooked to order, the batter is delicious, the fish amazingly tasty. The chips are really tasty as well and threy must be hand cut, so they are nicely soft to eat.

The Mcginty's chippy in Invergordon sells freshly made pizza. The pizza here is equally as tasty.

Date of visit: November 2014
Jaki S, Owner at Jaki Fish and Chip Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2014

Hi Andy
Thanks so much for your review, I will pass this on to my managers as it is always good to let them know when they are getting it right. I am glad you have used both shops as we are trying hard to make sure the service and quality are the same in all three of our shops. Thank you again and merry xmas and hopefully we will see you in the new year