“Great Food, Great Staff”
Review of The Anderson

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fortrose
The Anderson
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fortrose
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We used to stay locally but now visit when we can. We absolutely love going to The Anderson. The food is fantastic and the staff are so friendly. We always look forward to seeing Jim and the crew and looking forward to the next.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

In Fortrose for few days had booked for Friday night dinner but couldn't wait. Went for dinner on Wednesday, great food, beer, looking forward to Friday night and a few malts.
Jim very welcoming as always.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 16 June 2014

There is absolutely nothing not to love about this place ..... except having to leave ( we can't wait to return ) From the minute we arrived to handing our room key in we could not stop smiling. Interesting things to look at EVERYWHERE .. A comfy clean room with a homey feel (not a soul less box)
Wonderful restaurant room where we had our first meal... The food is the sort that makes you literally say mmmmmmmmm . more smiling . The bar has a brilliant Beer Menu which is fab to read and as this visit was part of my Husband's 50th Birthday celebrations it was a good excuse for him to try a fair few. Jim and his staff patiently and with humour assist in the decision making and lifts this from sipping a beer in a bar to a flavour journey.. We had our second evening meal in the Whisky bar which again was a good atmosphere . I had one of the best Veggie burgers (New York topping) I have ever tasted . The breakfasts were delicious and unrushed . I realise I am waxing lyrical but it is great to find this special place .. Seeing dolphins just down the road from The Anderson was an added extra and made our short visit even more magical. All the staff were friendly and we felt really welcome.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ellaschofield
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We love staying at Fortrose/Rosemarkie for our holidays and we regularly visit the Anderson while we're there. The food is fantastic and locally sourced including the drinks. The staff are friendly and the hosts (from USA) are sociable and helpful. Booking for meals is always essential because it's full to the brim by six........enjoy

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank finlaymcguiness
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We didn't stay at the Anderson, but had drinks and dinner. Lovely atmosphere and very friendly staff. The selection of beers was amazing - very well kept with a couple of hundred Belgian beers and around 300 different whiskies to choose from. The food was also very good, all home made. I wish I could have stayed longer to sample all of those whiskies....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheProf1958
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed at The Anderson for one night and frankly that was enough.
Room was tired and very basic. The entire place is frankly run down and not at all welcoming. I am amazed at the number of good reviews on Trip Advisor. Look at the poor ones to get a genuine view of this hotel.
Our evening meal was good but our seemingly genial host turns out to be less than genial if criticised even in a minor way ( see his responses to one and two star reviews) and there is more than a touch of the Basil Fawlty about him.
All in all, not an experience to be recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank JohnG12a
anderjim, Owner at The Anderson, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Methinks you've missed the point: Basil Fawlty is not an ogre, rather he is a heroic figure defending himself from the missiles the General Public hurls at him seven days a week. (Only I don't think even HE would have started breakfast an hour early so his golfers could get to the course on time . . .)

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I ate here two nights and stayed one night. I wish I could have stayed longer.
Quirky decor and what a selection of beers and whiskies from around the world. The dinner was excellent - unusual for me but I had burgers both nights. Lots of meat and flavour with plenty of toppings to choose from. Also had crocodile one evening as a starter. I ate in the bar both nights but, had I wished, I could have eaten in the dining room which served the same food.
Really comfortable bed - my room faced onto the main road but was still pretty quiet in the evening. Good selection of books in the room including a whisky guide which is always worth looking at.
Definitely not your run of the mill hotel as the decor and ornaments are quite unique. Old radios on a cupboard in the dining room and knick knacks all over the place.
Really friendly and knowledgeable owner who takes pride in providing great hospitality.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
anderjim, Owner at The Anderson, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Glad you enjoyed us for what we are: singular people who like to share our tastes with like-minded others. Too bad I didn't know earlier you're into Patti Smith, though -- we could have rocked the joint! Hurry back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fortrose
Invernairne Hotel
#1 of 2 in Cromarty
Kincraig Castle Hotel
Kincraig Castle Hotel
#1 of 1 in Invergordon

Been to The Anderson? Share your experiences!