We spent another two weeks at this hotel and had an excellent time. Our room overlooked the main pool and further onto Sotavento beach which is a magnificent beach. The staff are always very friendly and helpful, the gardens are well tended and provide a variety of areas for sunbathing in, ranging from full sun to dappled shade. There are always spare sun beds even around the main pool. The food is good and there are always plenty of options although the fresh cooked counters can be busy, the bread is baked daily on site and there are always fresh salad counters. We spent an hour each day walking along the fabulous beach, taking a dip in the clear blue sea when it was very hot walking. Then returned for a coffee and a brandy before chilling out on a sunbed.
The local bus trip to Jandia is good value although some drivers are ex F1 test drivers!! The evening shows in the Funpub are generally good and the cocktail lounge relaxed and friendly.
There are no loudspeakers blasting out pop music anywhere around the main pool and the bar is usually fairly easy to get drinks from.
It is always breezy but can be very windy hence the name of the island, the hotel is remote so no there are no local shops or bars, the main beach is a lagoon at times depending on the tides.
We love the hotel and the island having been 5 times and will book again because it provides great value for money and has a lovely relaxed atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Melia Gorriones is located in the south of Fuerteventura on Sotavento beach, which is listed as a protected natural area and where sand dunes extend over 30 km to the end of the Jandia Peninsula. The famous Rene Egli centre, the largest windsurfing and kiteboarding school in the world, provides courses and hires out windsurf boards and kiteboards right on the beach in the lagoon opposite the hotel. Amongst the facilities and services, Melia Gorriones has WiFi Internet in the hotel lobby, 1 children´s pool and 2 adult pools including a spectacular saltwater lagoon-style pool measuring 1,455sqm, spacious dining areas, playground, 24 hour gym, 1 tennis court and 1 paddle tennis court, large gardens, Spa, and an astronomical observatory. Choose The Level with exclusive access to The Level Lounge, private breakfast area and sun terrace with two whirlpools, as well as superior services and facilities in your room including pillow menu, bathrobes and free minibar with soft drinks, water and beer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Booking.com, Melia, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Melia Gorriones Fuerteventura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Gorriones Hotel Pajara
- Melia Hotel Gorriones
- Melia Hotel Pajara
- Melia Gorriones Fuerteventura Spain