We stayed there for 10 nights from the 1st August. 2 adults and 2 children aged 10 and 13. We would rate this hotel closer to a 5 star. Initially we were placed in the apartments in the block next to the hotel and it appeared most British people were placed here. It was very spacious and although we had a few minor faults e.g shower leaking they were fixed within 10 minutes. They had a slight problem fixing outer phone and the manager Maria was superb. She moved us into the main hotel and upgraded us to eat in the level restaurant. The food in the main all inclusive restaurant is superb but in the level it was extra special. You had the choice of food cooked to order and caviar and champagne for breakfast!!! Some British families were upgraded to eat in the level restaurant but others were not. We are not sure why but the hotel said it depended on the travel agent.
Although not initially many British families my son made friends with some german boys and a boy from Austria who spoke superb English. We did meet about 5 other British families as the holiday went on but we're happy also being with all nationalities. Everyone there was very polite and respectful.
The staff couldn't do enough for you and the beach is the best ever. There are 2 main pools. The large salt water pool is very salty but is fab to float in. Sunbathing also round here can get hot. Around the normal rectangular pool you get an all day breeze which we loved.
One tiny thing they could improve on is activities for older children. More games around pool etc. We only saw a inflatable mat that was brought out fir half and hour every day for the children to run on the water. It was ok for my son as he played tennis and nd football but sometimes my daughter wanted a little extra. The evening entertainment for families could also be improved. Great up until 9 pm for small children but after that at times flat although the flamenco show was good.
This hotel caters for adults and couples with an upstairs bar area where they play jazz etc with a beautiful setting.
Overall we loved our stay with the beautiful setting and immaculate hotel.
Maria the manager definitely improved our stay with her approach and the fact that we were able to experience the level. I personally preferred staying in the main hotel although the apartments are bigger as I preferred the view and decor.
I would definitely return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Melia Gorriones is located in the south of Fuerteventura on Sotavento beach, which is listed as a protected natural area and where sand dunes extend over 30 km to the end of the Jandia Peninsula. The famous Rene Egli centre, the largest windsurfing and kiteboarding school in the world, provides courses and hires out windsurf boards and kiteboards right on the beach in the lagoon opposite the hotel. Amongst the facilities and services, Melia Gorriones has WiFi Internet in the hotel lobby, 1 children´s pool and 2 adult pools including a spectacular saltwater lagoon-style pool measuring 1,455sqm, spacious dining areas, playground, 24 hour gym, 1 tennis court and 1 paddle tennis court, large gardens, Spa, and an astronomical observatory. Choose The Level with exclusive access to The Level Lounge, private breakfast area and sun terrace with two whirlpools, as well as superior services and facilities in your room including pillow menu, bathrobes and free minibar with soft drinks, water and beer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Melia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Gorriones Fuerteventura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Gorriones Hotel Pajara
- Melia Hotel Gorriones
- Melia Hotel Pajara
- Melia Gorriones Fuerteventura Spain