We have just returned from 11 nights at this hotel and while we had a relaxing holiday we were a bit disappointed with this hotel . As others have mentioned there is usually a bit of a wait at check in and there were only 2 staff members checking people in an extra staff member would have helped to reduce the que a little quicker , however , the member of staff that checked us in was extremely friendly and polite , the restaurant was opened at 10pm for those checking in to get some food and although it was quite a basic spread it was appreciated . The rooms are fine but are in need of updating , we found it to be very clean and it was cleaned to a good standard throughout our stay . We had a small balcony and a lovely view of the pools and a side sea view . There is a TV in the room but there are very few English channels so we didn't watch TV at all while we were here , not really a problem as we don't go on holiday to watch TV but my son does like to watch every now and then , no wifi in the hotel rooms either , again not a problem but again my son would have liked it , instead we purchased Internet access from reception , it was 18 euro for 3 days unlimited usage on 1 device or 9 euro for 1 day you could also purchase for 7 days if required but you have to sit in the reception area to access it . The food again was ok , you are not going to starve here as there is quite a lot if choice and something for everyone , breakfast we found to be good plenty of choice but the food at the evening meal was never hot enough and often not great just ok , deserts were better though , service at meal times was not great there wasn't sufficient staff really and although the staff were friendly enough we often had to wait for quite a while to be given coffee or the table to be set for a 3rd person and plates were sometimes not cleared away between courses so again I would say the service in the dining room was fair generally but again not great .
There were plenty of sun loungers by the pool and although some people put towels down early morning there was really no need as you could generally find somewhere , we went down to the pool at 11-11.30 some days and didn't have any problems at all and we were there over Easter which is probably a busier time , no umberellas by the pool at all though which my husband would have preferred , the pools are cold , so cold that my son spent very little time in them and he is usually never out of the pool on holiday . We went to the beach a few days which is just at the bottom of a slope outside the hotel you do have to pay for the sun loungers and umberellas but at least you can have an umberella and we found the beach much quiter than at the pool , it cost 12 euro for 3 loungers and 1 umberella . There are sailing and wind surfing activities available on the beach also at a cost , there is also a small cafe which is reasonably priced for lunch and drinks .
Inside the hotel there are a few shops and a small supermarket selling drinks , snacks , newspapers , sun cream , toiletries etc etc which was very handy and we used this most days it is probably a little more expensive than the local supermarkets but we didn't find it expensive and was very handy .
Overall we had a relaxing break , the hotel was not bad and don't be put off if you have booked to go here it just isn't great , we were disappointed as it is a Thomson holidays platinum hotel and was given 5T in their brochure and as such we expected more than we got , I would say that it was a 4T hotel and probably a high 3 star hotel , I wouldn't go back though .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fuerteventura Princess is ideal for couples, active vacationers and beach lovers. The 4 star hotel above Esquinzo Beach is designed like a small village. The 457 rooms are spread over 8 low-rise buildings. The detached premium-area ,,Esencia de Fuerteventura (212 rooms / 3 buildings) is located within the Fuerteventura Princess and may be booked separately. The Fuerteventura Princess is situated in the south of Fuerteventura, right above Esquinzo beach. There's a direct beach exit via a downward sloping path. Just a few kilometers away from the hotel are Jandía (4,5 km) and Morro Jable (6,5 km). Fuerteventura Airport is located 78 km from the Fuerteventura Princess. The hotel offers two restaurants and five bars (inkl. Lobby Bar, Disco Bar, Poolbar and Sportsbar). The main restaurant serves buffet style breakfast and dinner. At the La Choza a late breakfast, lunch or snacks may be enjoyed. There's a total of 5 outdoor pools, incl. kids pool, nudist pool, pool with a beach-volleyball court and a pool with a sloped entry. The hotel is perfect for sport fans featuring tennis court, multi-use-court, beach volleyball and a sports centre across the street. During the day the entertainment team hosts sporting activites. In the evenings there's shows and live-music. The smallest guests can enter the world of "Principito", the mascot of the Mini-Club. The young, multilingual entertainment offers daily fun activites for the kids. Hotel guests may enjoy free entrance to the wellness area with its sauna and turkish bath. The Fuerteventura Princess has a total of 457 rooms: standard and family rooms (consisting of two standard rooms with a connecting door). As a standard all rooms feature air conditioning, minibar-fridge (unstocked), satellite tv, balcony or terrace and bathrooms with bathtub-shower-combination, hairdryer and amenities. WI-FI (€) is available throughout the entire hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, LoveHolidays and Booking.com so you can book your Fuerteventura Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fuerteventura Princess Hotel Pajara
- Fuerteventura Princess Playa De Esquinzo
- Hotel Fuerteventura Princess
- Fuerteventura Princess Spain