Me and my partner stayed from 20-27th June, booked through Thompson platinum and were half board. First impressions from landing and the transfer were not to great as it seemed we were in the middle of nowhere. A 1 hour journey to the area where the club magic life, fuerteventura princess and jandia princess and located.
First impressions are vital, and WOW were we amazed. The hotel looked massive. We arrived around 21.30pm, very simple check in process, staff were very friendly and fluent in English. Suitcases were taken by porter to our rooms as the staff had kindly opened the restaurant for us on arrival. After leaving the buffet restaurant we struggled to find our room as it seemed like a maze to us. But within 5 minutes and some help from a German couple we found it. The room was spotless ad our balcony looked into the atlantic (lovely view in the mornings). Breakfast was served in main restaurant and is based on a buffet selection (eat as much as you want) with a huge selection. The pool areas were always clean and tidy and the children's pool out the way from the adults so you can escape from the splashing. Lunch is served in the pizzeria bar, selection of salads, pizzas, burgers, chicken and other nibbles.
The 'coco loco' bar is situated in the middle of the adult pool which offers a selection of cocktails and other refreshments. Average drink cost 5€. Dinner is served from 18.30 - 21.00, again with a huge selection to choose from. Drinks you order will be placed on your room tab so be careful to keep an eye in this, as can soon mount up. With a small bottle of water costing 2€ you can imagine what this will turn into in a weeks time. I will just add you can view your tab from reception at anytime just by giving your room number.
The hotel location as described in brochures is correct. Middle of nowhere/quiet. It really is, however the town of jandia is only a taxi ride away for 8€. This is very much a seafront full of tourist shops, duty free shops, and cafes/bars. Nice day out. It is possible to walk back from jandia to the hotel but expect an hour and half and a very hot walk at that.
The beach is on the princess's door step. A short downhill walk accessible from the rear of the hotel takes you directly into the beach.
Weather wise, VERY HOT. I regularly checked temperatures before we arrived to see what it was like, and looked around 24 degrees. it does not feel like 24 degrees but will quite quickly shoot up to the 30's and half way through our trip we experienced a 'calima', a strong wind from the Sahara desert bringing a 10 degree rise in temperature. WOW THIS WAS HOT. 43 degree weather. Defienlty take advantage of the pools.
We had to check out at 11am on the 27th but was kindl offered a courtesy room so we could get showered before the long flight home. Very nice I you ask me.
All in all a very nice comfortable place to stay. Quiet, relaxing and peaceful break. If your looking for a party do not come here.
Only a couple of downsides, the price for water in the restaurants and bars is too expensive. With boiling hot temperatures obviously you need to drink plenty, but can easily cost you a fortune. There is a small shop based on ground floor below reception where you can buy bottled water for 1€. Stock up but must stress, if you drink this at a bar you WILL get told to get rid and buy their water. Not so friendly.
We had a lovely time as a young couple, completely relaxed and would certainly recommend. Hope this helps!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fuerteventura Princess is ideal for couples, active vacationers and beach lovers. The 4 star hotel above Esquinzo Beach is designed like a small village. The 457 rooms are spread over 8 low-rise buildings. The detached premium-area ,,Esencia de Fuerteventura (212 rooms / 3 buildings) is located within the Fuerteventura Princess and may be booked separately. The Fuerteventura Princess is situated in the south of Fuerteventura, right above Esquinzo beach. There's a direct beach exit via a downward sloping path. Just a few kilometers away from the hotel are Jandía (4,5 km) and Morro Jable (6,5 km). Fuerteventura Airport is located 78 km from the Fuerteventura Princess. The hotel offers two restaurants and five bars (inkl. Lobby Bar, Disco Bar, Poolbar and Sportsbar). The main restaurant serves buffet style breakfast and dinner. At the La Choza a late breakfast, lunch or snacks may be enjoyed. There's a total of 5 outdoor pools, incl. kids pool, nudist pool, pool with a beach-volleyball court and a pool with a sloped entry. The hotel is perfect for sport fans featuring tennis court, multi-use-court, beach volleyball and a sports centre across the street. During the day the entertainment team hosts sporting activites. In the evenings there's shows and live-music. The smallest guests can enter the world of "Principito", the mascot of the Mini-Club. The young, multilingual entertainment offers daily fun activites for the kids. Hotel guests may enjoy free entrance to the wellness area with its sauna and turkish bath. The Fuerteventura Princess has a total of 457 rooms: standard and family rooms (consisting of two standard rooms with a connecting door). As a standard all rooms feature air conditioning, minibar-fridge (unstocked), satellite tv, balcony or terrace and bathrooms with bathtub-shower-combination, hairdryer and amenities. WI-FI (€) is available throughout the entire hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com, TravelUp, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fuerteventura Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fuerteventura Princess Hotel Pajara
- Fuerteventura Princess Playa De Esquinzo
- Hotel Fuerteventura Princess
- Fuerteventura Princess Spain