Just got back from a week in the Fuerteventura Princess. Quite a good hotel apart from the food which was of a poor standard, it wouldn't have been so bad if it had been possible to get a hot plate to put hot food on in the buffet which meant that the food was invariably cold by the time we got to our table. I'm not wild about cold fatty bacon !
Also whoever laid out the buffet really does need some education in arranging things for efficiency, there would be salad laid out on one serving area along with desserts & more salad laid out somewhere else, totally disorganised, and the toasters were more than the usual joke, six passes to get a slice to change colour even slightly.
One lunchtime they were cooking a barbeque by the La Choza resaurant which we thought would be a traditional barby & we duly presented ourselves with plates for a freshly cooked chop & sausage, but no we then had to go back inside & help ourselves off a pile of not very hot bits, rather dissapointing.
The drinks waiters in the "piano bar" could & should have been far more efficient, there wasn't entertainment in the piano bar every night either.
We got the impression that the workforce were not particularly happy in their jobs as a smile from a member of staff was a rarity, apart from the "room maids" who were cheery & efficient in their work.
Would we go back ? probably not which is a shame as it's a nice hotel being let down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fuerteventura Princess is ideal for couples, active vacationers and beach lovers. The 4 star hotel above Esquinzo Beach is designed like a small village. The 457 rooms are spread over 8 low-rise buildings. The detached premium-area ,,Esencia de Fuerteventura (212 rooms / 3 buildings) is located within the Fuerteventura Princess and may be booked separately. The Fuerteventura Princess is situated in the south of Fuerteventura, right above Esquinzo beach. There's a direct beach exit via a downward sloping path. Just a few kilometers away from the hotel are Jandía (4,5 km) and Morro Jable (6,5 km). Fuerteventura Airport is located 78 km from the Fuerteventura Princess. The hotel offers two restaurants and five bars (inkl. Lobby Bar, Disco Bar, Poolbar and Sportsbar). The main restaurant serves buffet style breakfast and dinner. At the La Choza a late breakfast, lunch or snacks may be enjoyed. There's a total of 5 outdoor pools, incl. kids pool, nudist pool, pool with a beach-volleyball court and a pool with a sloped entry. The hotel is perfect for sport fans featuring tennis court, multi-use-court, beach volleyball and a sports centre across the street. During the day the entertainment team hosts sporting activites. In the evenings there's shows and live-music. The smallest guests can enter the world of "Principito", the mascot of the Mini-Club. The young, multilingual entertainment offers daily fun activites for the kids. Hotel guests may enjoy free entrance to the wellness area with its sauna and turkish bath. The Fuerteventura Princess has a total of 457 rooms: standard and family rooms (consisting of two standard rooms with a connecting door). As a standard all rooms feature air conditioning, minibar-fridge (unstocked), satellite tv, balcony or terrace and bathrooms with bathtub-shower-combination, hairdryer and amenities. WI-FI (€) is available throughout the entire hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fuerteventura Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fuerteventura Princess Hotel Pajara
- Fuerteventura Princess Playa De Esquinzo
- Hotel Fuerteventura Princess
- Fuerteventura Princess Spain