This was our 3rd visit to the hotel which we really love (stayed 7-21 May). The hotel rooms are spacious and kept very clean by the hardworking maids. We love the area which is so quiet with a stunning beach at the rear of the hotel. An ideal place to 'get away from it all' and relax. The all inclusive was a great new option - for the 1st time we weren't having to budget daily for drinks! The food and drink quality is really good and there is something for everyone. My parents joined us for this holiday as we have raved about it so much before and they said they could see why we love it so much! It was my birthday while we were there and as per previous visits, a bottle of bubbly & a card were delivered to my room - it's a nice touch! There were a few 'bad points' which is why I rated it very good rather than excellent, but please don't let this put you off trying this fabulous hotel in a stunning location - we will certainly be back!
1) I emailed 4 weeks before then again 1 week before to mention my parents were joining us so could we be in the same block as them. I also stated that we DEFINITELY DID NOT WANT GROUND FLOOR room and would like to be in block 4 if possible. On arrival we were given GROUND FLOOR ROOMS in block 6 - my Mum & I immediately complained and we were told we had to wait til the following day & go back to reception. This meant we couldn't unpack. The following day we went to reception to be told there was ONLY 2 adjoining rooms available but we couldn't see inside them, only look at them from outside. Despite our rooms in block 6 being ground floor they were overlooking the 2nd pool area however the alternative choices overlooked the road/black volcanic mountain at the side of the hotel and were on the 2nd floor up. I cannot believe that this was the ONLY 2 rooms left in the whole hotel at that stage, when ideally we just wanted to move up a floor in the same block! I love my parents but also having adjoining rooms when me & hubby had come away to have a break from our 5 teenagers, is not really the ideal set up!!! I felt this was very disappointing customer service when we have been twice before and definitely felt they only offered these so we DIDN'T move - which we didn't!
2) From 7-12 May lunch was only available in the La Choza bar, this is a worrying set up as birds were flying through the area, perching on food areas and pecking food which was not covered. I feel this is a real health hazard!!! I made sure I ate from the section where meat/fish was freshly cooked while you waited - only to realise later in the holiday that the meat/fish is kept uncovered behind the grill areas before cooking so could be contaminated and birds also peck the serving tongs from the hot food and the chips!! I was so relieved when from 12 May you had the option to go to the main dining room for lunch instead.
3) The hotel areas are kept really clean apart from the sunbathing areas at the side of pool where people spill drinks and these areas are not cleaned, meaning you are trying to avoid sticky patches for 2 weeks!!! Its a real shame! I also noticed that the main pool itself is missing a few tiles this time - however this is cleaned daily.
4) The staff are generally great but do speak better German than English. There are just 2 staff we came across that REALLY let the side down (the bald guy in the bar who was very unhelpful every single time we had dealings with him and the blond older lady in the bar/restaurant who is very curt and never smiles, ever!!).
All in all though it is still a great hotel in a wonderful, unspoiled location and we hope to be back soon (I just won't bother emailing them in advance next time as the only time I have specifically asked NOT to be put on the ground floor, we were!!!!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fuerteventura Princess is ideal for couples, active vacationers and beach lovers. The 4 star hotel above Esquinzo Beach is designed like a small village. The 457 rooms are spread over 8 low-rise buildings. The detached premium-area ,,Esencia de Fuerteventura (212 rooms / 3 buildings) is located within the Fuerteventura Princess and may be booked separately. The Fuerteventura Princess is situated in the south of Fuerteventura, right above Esquinzo beach. There's a direct beach exit via a downward sloping path. Just a few kilometers away from the hotel are Jandía (4,5 km) and Morro Jable (6,5 km). Fuerteventura Airport is located 78 km from the Fuerteventura Princess. The hotel offers two restaurants and five bars (inkl. Lobby Bar, Disco Bar, Poolbar and Sportsbar). The main restaurant serves buffet style breakfast and dinner. At the La Choza a late breakfast, lunch or snacks may be enjoyed. There's a total of 5 outdoor pools, incl. kids pool, nudist pool, pool with a beach-volleyball court and a pool with a sloped entry. The hotel is perfect for sport fans featuring tennis court, multi-use-court, beach volleyball and a sports centre across the street. During the day the entertainment team hosts sporting activites. In the evenings there's shows and live-music. The smallest guests can enter the world of "Principito", the mascot of the Mini-Club. The young, multilingual entertainment offers daily fun activites for the kids. Hotel guests may enjoy free entrance to the wellness area with its sauna and turkish bath. The Fuerteventura Princess has a total of 457 rooms: standard and family rooms (consisting of two standard rooms with a connecting door). As a standard all rooms feature air conditioning, minibar-fridge (unstocked), satellite tv, balcony or terrace and bathrooms with bathtub-shower-combination, hairdryer and amenities. WI-FI (€) is available throughout the entire hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Agoda, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fuerteventura Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fuerteventura Princess Hotel Pajara
- Fuerteventura Princess Playa De Esquinzo
- Hotel Fuerteventura Princess
- Fuerteventura Princess Spain