We holidayed at this hotel from 31 May 2014 for 2 weeks on their newly introduced all inclusive option. More on this later.
The hotel itself was good and generally clean although problems with birds at the pool restaurant needs to be rectified. The food was good but do beware of chicken and fish being cooked properly. Food is not awfully hot but isn't this the norm. with most Spanish hotels? Had I realised there was a microwave for guests use I would have taken advantage of this at times.
There is not enough shade in the pool area although I believe parasols are available on request but for some of our stay the wind would have blown them all the way to Gran Canarias. The pool area is kept very clean (as are all public areas)and constantly being swept and the gardens tended. Our room was cleaned daily to a high standard.
Generally, this is a really good value for money hotel although they need to decide on whether to be 1/2 board ,full board or All inclusive. Trying to run all three options together does not work. There are not enough bar staff in the evening with some giving waiter service leaving 1 or 2 staff behind the bar trying to serve guests and also filling waiters orders. Thus leading to some guests waiting 20 minutes to be served and sour faces all round as staff feel under pressure. The shows I believe are good although I can't speak from personal experience as we didn't go to any. There is a couple of evening entertainers in the piano bar, but on nights when they are not performing, there could be some light music to provide atmosphere.
The hotel has direct access to the beautiful beach.
Overall a good hotel but with a little tweaking, could be so much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fuerteventura Princess is ideal for couples, active vacationers and beach lovers. The 4 star hotel above Esquinzo Beach is designed like a small village. The 457 rooms are spread over 8 low-rise buildings. The detached premium-area ,,Esencia de Fuerteventura (212 rooms / 3 buildings) is located within the Fuerteventura Princess and may be booked separately. The Fuerteventura Princess is situated in the south of Fuerteventura, right above Esquinzo beach. There's a direct beach exit via a downward sloping path. Just a few kilometers away from the hotel are Jandía (4,5 km) and Morro Jable (6,5 km). Fuerteventura Airport is located 78 km from the Fuerteventura Princess. The hotel offers two restaurants and five bars (inkl. Lobby Bar, Disco Bar, Poolbar and Sportsbar). The main restaurant serves buffet style breakfast and dinner. At the La Choza a late breakfast, lunch or snacks may be enjoyed. There's a total of 5 outdoor pools, incl. kids pool, nudist pool, pool with a beach-volleyball court and a pool with a sloped entry. The hotel is perfect for sport fans featuring tennis court, multi-use-court, beach volleyball and a sports centre across the street. During the day the entertainment team hosts sporting activites. In the evenings there's shows and live-music. The smallest guests can enter the world of "Principito", the mascot of the Mini-Club. The young, multilingual entertainment offers daily fun activites for the kids. Hotel guests may enjoy free entrance to the wellness area with its sauna and turkish bath. The Fuerteventura Princess has a total of 457 rooms: standard and family rooms (consisting of two standard rooms with a connecting door). As a standard all rooms feature air conditioning, minibar-fridge (unstocked), satellite tv, balcony or terrace and bathrooms with bathtub-shower-combination, hairdryer and amenities. WI-FI (€) is available throughout the entire hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, Idiso Digital, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Agoda, HotelsClick, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fuerteventura Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fuerteventura Princess Hotel Pajara
- Fuerteventura Princess Playa De Esquinzo
- Hotel Fuerteventura Princess
- Fuerteventura Princess Spain