We have returned after a weeks stay at the Jandia Mar and were very impressed. We feel this hotel is true 4 star quality.
I am a fairly fussy eater however I have to say I always found something I liked for every meal, lots of varied dishes available and we were particularly impressed with the choice and variation of deserts(amazing!) the self serve alcohol was really convenient always readily available as we're soft drinks. Plenty of cocktails and spirits available at the bars and decent measures too!
The cleaners are brilliant, when walking past rooms being cleaned we were reassured to see beds being pulled out and fully cleaned under as well as the tables/chairs etc, very thorough.
The staff are an absolute credit to this hotel , you got the impression they were always willing to help, not only this but we did not walk past one staff member who didn't greet us with a smile and a hello! It really made a difference.
As a cat person I couldn't help but sneak the various cats a little left over chicken, but they were not intrusive and very friendly!
The only downsides to this hotel we found were :
1.The outdoor pools-yes they are cold, a 5 min dip was just about bearable however the indoor heated pool was nice and relaxing if you fancy a proper swim.
2.The steep hill-granted the hotel boasts fantastic sea views which could only be enjoyed from this viewpoint, just be aware as two young fit adults we dreaded the walk up-however there are options such as walking through the sister hotel or catching a taxi (5euros to the main town) so don't be put off its manageable
3.Room facilities- we found paying for wifi to be a bit of a shame in an all inc. hotel, even just free wifi in public areas would be good (after all you go on holiday to get away from everyday trappings!) tea and coffee in the rooms would also be nice,although there are machines within the hotel.
Overall we would not hesitate to return to this hotel, the positives far outweigh the negatives . This hotel is everything you could wish for on a relaxing holiday, and more, until next time barcelo!......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy more than 50,000 m² of fun, comfort and entertainment in a privileged setting. The Barcelo Jandia Mar**** hotel, which has been awarded the Thomas Cook Marque of Excellence, is situated opposite the spectacular Jandia beach, in the south of Fuerteventura. The hotel offers a wide range of services and activities for you to enjoy your holidays to the max. Relax and pamper yourself in our health and wellness centre, which boasts a sauna, gym, solarium and massage services. For sports lovers, the hotel offers an extensive range of activities including: mini-golf and multi-sports court, water sports, windsurfing, scuba diving and sport fishing. And for the little ones, we have the Barcy Kid's Club. With the Barcelo All Inclusive programme, you can enjoy all the hotel facilities and its superb restaurants (the All Inclusive service finishes at 23.00). The Barcelo Jandia Mar hotel is the perfect choice to enjoy your holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Barcelo, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Occidental Jandia Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Jandia Mar Hotel Pajara
- Barcelo Hotel Jandia Mar
- Barcelo Hotel Pajara
- Fuerteventura Jandia
- Occidental Jandia Mar Fuerteventura, Spain