We stayed at the Jandia Mar from 8th to 22nd October and have decided that it is the best allround hotel we have stayed in (including hotels we stayed in on half-board basis). The value for money was amazing. We booked on the Barcelo site in June and got a very good value rate. We have stayed in Barcelo hotels before but this was by far the best. Do not get put off by the comments about the hill up to the hotel, Some people make it sound as if the hotel is on the side of a cliff ! There is a gentle incline up to the jandia Mar. You are on holidays - take it gently ! Also there is a lift from the shopping centre at the bottom of the hill up to the Jandia Playa which is just across the road from the Jandia Mar, Take the lift in the Jandia Playa up to reception and cross the road to the Jandia Mar ! Also for those people moaning about having to queue for coffee or for food that the chefs are cooking on the spot for you - lighten up ! You are on your holidays not rushing for the tube. Speaking about the food - it was wonderful. The best fish (all freshly cooked) I have ever tasted. Leg of lamb - falling off the bone, wonderfu selection of vegetables (hot) and every kind of salad you could imagine. Soups both at lunch and dinner were really tasty and varied. Theme nights such as Japanese and Mexican were a big treat down to the last detail. I saw people pile their plates high with the wonderful food on offer and only someone who knows nothing about food could complain. Plenty of fresh fruit, ice-cream (4 different types and desserts that could turn a person into a total glutton ! During the day for those who dont want to leave the pool area the pool bar serves a great selection of snacks - burgers, hot-dogs, chips, salads, help yourself ice-cream and even a chef cooking the biggest piella I have ever seen on one occasion. What more could anyone want. The indoor pool and jacuzzi is very popular as it is a few degrees hotter than the outdoor pool. I saw people moaning about the temperature of the outdoor pool in August!. For me it was tolerable in October and even the smallest of babies went into the small children`s pool and played happily for hours. I also do not know how people could moan about the drink ! The bar in the evening did great business with a cocktail of the day (which people helped themselves to) and a great variety of drinks and cocktails made with local (and for a token amount of €2 - Smirnoff or Bacardi or well known brands) - quantities being probably 4 times a U.K. shot. What more can I say - there are 4 english channels for those who want it and I cannot understand people moaning about this. Do they go on holidays to watch TV ? There was a wonderful mix of nationalities in the hotel, French, English, Scots, Welsh, Irish, German, Dutch, Italian and plenty of Spanish. It is by no means a hotel for "one
nationality only" as has been implied by some reviewers. Finally - the staff - the most competent and friendly I have ever come across. They should be proud of the wonderful professional service they give their customers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy more than 50,000 m² of fun, comfort and entertainment in a privileged setting. The Barcelo Jandia Mar**** hotel, which has been awarded the Thomas Cook Marque of Excellence, is situated opposite the spectacular Jandia beach, in the south of Fuerteventura. The hotel offers a wide range of services and activities for you to enjoy your holidays to the max. Relax and pamper yourself in our health and wellness centre, which boasts a sauna, gym, solarium and massage services. For sports lovers, the hotel offers an extensive range of activities including: mini-golf and multi-sports court, water sports, windsurfing, scuba diving and sport fishing. And for the little ones, we have the Barcy Kid's Club. With the Barcelo All Inclusive programme, you can enjoy all the hotel facilities and its superb restaurants (the All Inclusive service finishes at 23.00). The Barcelo Jandia Mar hotel is the perfect choice to enjoy your holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Barcelo, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your Occidental Jandia Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Jandia Mar Hotel Pajara
- Barcelo Hotel Jandia Mar
- Barcelo Hotel Pajara
- Fuerteventura Jandia
- Occidental Jandia Mar Fuerteventura, Spain