We booked this before the start of the season, so checked out some of the reviews in June which left us a bit worried. When we arrived we were welcomed and sent straight to the main restaurant so we could fill in our forms and eat lunch before it closed.
Our room was perfect, spacious and very clean. The rooms were serviced each day to a very high standard and the sheets changed regularly. Unfortunately, the walls are not sound-proof and if you are unlucky enough to be next door to a screaming baby whose parents insist on leaving it to cry you may find it hard to sleep!
There is plenty of cupboard space and the bathroom was also spacious (perhaps lacking a bit of light).
The restaurants, bars and snack bar beside the pool were all excellent. The staff were simply working their socks off to maintain the standard of food and cleanliness all of the time.
The pool areas were spacious, there were plenty of sunbeds and the option for shaded areas too. There were always lifeguards and the spa pool was all very nice (and very hot).
The entertainment was terrible, thankfully this did not impact on our holiday as there were also plenty of space to sit quietly and play cards. It did not start until 10-10.30 and mostly resembled the opening of the Eurovision Song Contest with poor attempts to introduce themselves in 6 different languages very badly! Audience participation games were mostly in bad taste and not really suitable if you had children with you!
Whilst we didn't use the kids club, because we chose to have a family holiday with our daughter, you did see the kids club activities happening around the complex. The level of supervision looked very poor and the staff did not appear to be able to converse confidently with the children in their different languages.
The beach was just wonderful, massive stretches of golden sand, it does involve walking down a long steep hill (and back) but it is well worth it. There is a shuttle bus from the hotel and back 3 times a day.
There is a parade of shops at the bottom of the hill and a SPAR shop (!). very convenient.
Everyone who has been to Fueteventura always comments on the breeze, how cooling it is etc.... do not be fooled, it is bloody windy in Jandia, not too much of a problem during the day but the evenings are cold if you intend to sit outside. Because of the wind, the sea/waves are quite strong.We did adventure to the old town of MorroHable (probably spelt wrong) a couple of times, the beach there is also beautiful but slightly more sheltered from the wind, the water was a lot calmer and you could see the fish etc.
Don't get the bus anywhere, always get a taxi, they are such good value and the buses are far more expensive.
There is a cash point in the hotel next door which you can use.
The hotel do not provide bottled water apart from the complimentary one in you room when you arrive, however, the water on draught from the bars is absolutely fine to drink.
Overall we had a fantastic time, brilliant hotel. We look forward visiting again in the future and will definitely look for the Barcelo brand in future when looking at different resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy more than 50,000 m² of fun, comfort and entertainment in a privileged setting. The Barcelo Jandia Mar**** hotel, which has been awarded the Thomas Cook Marque of Excellence, is situated opposite the spectacular Jandia beach, in the south of Fuerteventura. The hotel offers a wide range of services and activities for you to enjoy your holidays to the max. Relax and pamper yourself in our health and wellness centre, which boasts a sauna, gym, solarium and massage services. For sports lovers, the hotel offers an extensive range of activities including: mini-golf and multi-sports court, water sports, windsurfing, scuba diving and sport fishing. And for the little ones, we have the Barcy Kid's Club. With the Barcelo All Inclusive programme, you can enjoy all the hotel facilities and its superb restaurants (the All Inclusive service finishes at 23.00). The Barcelo Jandia Mar hotel is the perfect choice to enjoy your holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Occidental Jandia Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Jandia Mar Hotel Pajara
- Barcelo Hotel Jandia Mar
- Barcelo Hotel Pajara
- Fuerteventura Jandia
- Occidental Jandia Mar Fuerteventura, Spain