I travelled with my wife and two daughters aged 15 and 17and we all had a great time.
The all inclusive package excellent value for money. There was a wide range of food available at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Meal times were 07:30-10:00, 13:00-15:00 and dinner 19:00-22:00. The snack bar by the pool was open from 12:00 until 18:00 and was always well stocked with food such as burgers, sausages, chips and all things kids love. The ice cream was excellent, probably the best strawberry ice cream I have tasted.
The all inclusive drinks finished at 23:00, which I think is a good thing, last thing you want is people getting too drunk and wandering the corridors in the early hours. There was a selection of wines, soft drinks and water where you can just help yourself. If you want spirits such as vodka and malibu you have to wait at the bars to be served. In the lobby bar there was a big punch bowl filled with different cocktails each night and you could just help yourself.
The entertainment teams work hard and provided plenty of activites such as darts, aerobics, water polo and such. There was also entertainment provided each evening which good.
There were 3 pools. The top pool was the busiest where most of the activities took place. The lower was quieter and more relaxing. There was also a small pool for little kids. There was also an indoor spa with massage and jaccuzzi availble which we didn't use.
The beach was a short walk down a hill from the hotel. The beach was clean the waves were fun. Beware on windy days as the sand can get in your eyes if your not careful.
We would definately go back for a family holiday. The food was fantastic, the hotel staff were always helpful, the hotel was clean, there was always plenty to drink. I look forward to going back ond day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy more than 50,000 m² of fun, comfort and entertainment in a privileged setting. The Barcelo Jandia Mar**** hotel, which has been awarded the Thomas Cook Marque of Excellence, is situated opposite the spectacular Jandia beach, in the south of Fuerteventura. The hotel offers a wide range of services and activities for you to enjoy your holidays to the max. Relax and pamper yourself in our health and wellness centre, which boasts a sauna, gym, solarium and massage services. For sports lovers, the hotel offers an extensive range of activities including: mini-golf and multi-sports court, water sports, windsurfing, scuba diving and sport fishing. And for the little ones, we have the Barcy Kid's Club. With the Barcelo All Inclusive programme, you can enjoy all the hotel facilities and its superb restaurants (the All Inclusive service finishes at 23.00). The Barcelo Jandia Mar hotel is the perfect choice to enjoy your holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Barcelo, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Occidental Jandia Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Jandia Mar Hotel Pajara
- Barcelo Hotel Jandia Mar
- Barcelo Hotel Pajara
- Fuerteventura Jandia
- Occidental Jandia Mar Fuerteventura, Spain