“They have a lot of confidence- is it warranted? Yes!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of AmericInn Lodge & Suites Weston

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Weston
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Weston
Escanaba, Michigan
“They have a lot of confidence- is it warranted? Yes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

Talk about confident. They stapled a card to my receipt at checkout that said "We hope you've enjoyed your stay and invite you to share your experience on TripAdvisor." That's taking quite a chance, but..... it was worth it. Room was very large and roomy. Bed was very confortable. Desk clerks were very friendly both before & during our stay. Our special request (room near our kids) was accommodated. They take special measures during construction to ensure quiet rooms and it works (for the most part). Breakfast had scrambled eggs and sausages, making it a plus (again, for the most part).

Now a few downsides- mostly minor. TV remote was missing- but a replacement was immediately brought up. No channel guide in room- was being printed due to change in cable provider- a photocopy was given to us. There was some noise in the bathroom/sink area. My guess- we were on the top (third) floor and what we heard was some kind of mechanical for the building. Breakfast tables were a little too crowded together, making walking thru a little tough. We didn't use the pool, but keep in mind the big slide is having small issues and is closed.

Overall- two thumbs up. Way more big positives than minor negatives. You will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank upbeancounter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Hobart, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

I stayed here because of the proximity to the hospital campus. Everytime I have ever stayed at this chain of hotels I don't have any complaints. You can always get a good nights rest they are sooooooo quiet. The rooms were very clean. I was walking down the hall and actually saw the housekeeper on her hands and knees cleaning the bathroom floor. I did ask her why she did it that way and her reply was "this is the way I clean my house." Wow! I left before breakfast was set out, but they made sure I had something to go. Thanks so much! Only bummer parking lot side a bit much light entered under the curtains(a tad bit short).

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank roadrunner2163
Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2011

We were there for one night our kids. Our kids were OK with the place but I've stayed in better. Pool area was uncomfortably cold as the heating system was not operating at all. one restroom in Pool area was broken. Hand railing into Pool was busted. Beds are terrible. Hard as a rock! All and all not a place I will stay at again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2010

My wife and I decided to stay here because the website advertised an adult slide and a kiddie slide in their Splash Bay Adventure Water Park. Let me say that it is not a water park! They had one adult slide and NO kiddie slide. And to make things worse the adult slide is only open n the weekend. THE WEBSITE SAID NOTHING ABOUT THAT! When tried to talk to the desk they were rude and lied by saying the hours were on the website. I had to prove them wrong. If staying in the Wausau area spend the exra money and go to the Grand Lodge! We ended up going and it was a blast!

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank coachchad
Weston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2010

We had to stay at a hotel for a transtion period so we chose AmericInn for its awesome rates. Becuase this was to be a place of residence for some time we had a discounted rate of $21 dollars and some cents, which we thought was perfect.

After about 3 nights staying at this hotel we realised we made a mistake. So far into our third night stay, we have switched rooms three times, due to the lack of maitenance and out of order items in each room. These are only a few things so far that we have had issues with:
-our room key was not working to get in and out; service desk told us to tape it and it would be fine, hello? our stuff is in there?
-housekeeping seems to be on strike or just not showing up, but over half of the rooms were not cleanded for atleast 4 days, including our room, we had no towels of any sort.
I even put in an application for employment to see if there was anything I may be able to assist with, and the GM repeatedly said they are not hiring. (The next morning she hired a young girl) :(
-We changed rooms three times now, 1) broken door 2) broken A/C 3) broken fridge/freezer..............all in different rooms!
-And some minor things, the hotel has wireless internet, but it is only wireless if you are located by the front desk. I am currently sitting in the hall way above the desk as I am tying this. :(
And a small thing but they also had no tv remote......
And not to mention, the hot tub has broken jets and is set to 106 degrees, and the waterslide has select days and times of operation.

This is a fairly new hotel, and should be running great. Personally we have noticed that the GM is way to young and unexperienced, all of the workers complain about there jobs, and seem very unprofesional.

If you are staying for fun and entertainment this hotel is not recommended, but if this is just a short term business stay, you may or may not be happy.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HonestHotelGuest
AmericInnWeston, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Weston, responded to this review, 8 June 2011
Recently appointed as the new General Manager, with our hotel under new ownership as of March 2011, I want to re-assure our future guests that all matters in this review are being addressed as our hotel is also under new ownership as of March 2011. We offer a family-friendly, freeform pool, a quiet location, friendly staff and a hot breakfast that includes such items as waffles, cappuccino, and gourmet teas. As well we are conveniently located just off highways 29 and 51 at the crossroads of Wisconsin, with great recreation and shopping within minutes. Please, come visit us!
Milwaukee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2010

I was greatly disappointed with this hotel during our stay over (4) nights. For starters, the cleaning service did nothing with my room other than make my bed. Garbage from previous nights was not removed from my room AT ALL. In the common hallway restroom on the second floor, the same paper towel rested on the floor beside the garbage can for 2 days. This is just pure laziness on the behalf of the hotel staff. Furthermore, the internet did not work the entire time we were there - the hotel computer AND THE WIRELESS ACCESS. What a joke. If a hotel claims to have certain amenities, I would expect that they try a little harder to fix them if they are not working properly.....I will not stay here again....just a lack of effort by the staff.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2009

Was able to get a room here for ~$50 a night. Had to change my reservation and had no trouble with that - made a phone call and they emailed me an updated reservation. Breakfast included hot waffles, fruit, toast, peanut butter, yogurt, milk, cereal, danishes, coffee, and tea. A bowl of apples and oranges was on a table near the front desk and available all the time. There was plenty of space for me to meet with friends in the lobby near a lovely gas fireplace. The room was very large and included a microwave and small refridgerator. We had two queen beds which were very comfortable. Everything was spotlessly clean. The pool was closed for renovations. Only drawback was that the internet was wired, but the front desk lent us a CAT5 cable. There is easy access to Hwy 29 and Hwy 51/I39 from the hotel. Desk staff was very helpful and the housekeeping people were wonderful about getting us extra towels.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wausau
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wausau
Days Inn & Suites Wausau
Hampton Inn Wausau
Hampton Inn Wausau
#2 of 10 in Wausau

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Weston? Share your experiences!