“One of the best Fairfields”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Wausau
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Weston
Reviewed 28 August 2012

This location has the new design lobby and it is very well maintained! We have stayed here several times and it always looks new and pristine. The staff, especially the Breakfast lady always went out of their way to help us out. While this location is not in Wausau, it is worth the 3 mile drive to stay there1

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 July 2012

One of the best Fairfield Inns I've ever stayed in and this is my second time here. It's clean, has great rooms (Dark at night and comfortable beds with nice bed linen) and the free Internet is pretty good (I'm up on the third floor and watching YouTube videos with no delays). Free breakfast is also above normal and they have actual plates and bowls, and silverware - nice change from the normal styrofoam (sp?) and plastic. Friendly and helpful staff. Overall a really nice hotel and a great value.

Room Tip: I'm a top floor guy and i don't like to hear folks walking above me. For an extended stay...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We are Marriott Platinum and stay at Marriotts all over the country, everything from Fairfields to JW Marriotts. This may have been the nicest "discount" Marriott (Fairfield, Springhills, TownPlace) that we have ever stayed. The staff was knowledgeable and was able to switch us from dollars to points when we arrived (some Marriotts struggle with that). The room was bigger than normal with queen beds and a pull out sofa, perfect for our family. The hotel was extremely clean. The exercise room had decent equipment and it all worked properly. The breakfast was even better than average for a Fairfield. If/when we are back in Wausau, we'll stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I was traveling to the area for a funeral and found that this Hotel was a Category 1 for Marriott Rewards point trade. What a treasure of a deal. I was impressed with the staff, who quickly accomodated my request for a rollaway bed (which also turned out to be a nicer bed than I expected). The staff were even thoughtful enough to add an extra set of towels with the linens. I was lucky enough to check in while Fairfield had a Taste Sensation event. Wow, that was wonderful timing. The food was impressive, thanks to "Lisa's Catering" out of Wittenberg, WI, your food and staff were wonderful! EVERYTHING, I tried was yummy! HIghly recommended for any event you need catered. The accomodations met all my expectations of a Fairfield/Marriott. The pool and whirlpool were of comfortable temperature and maintained. No complaints about the rooms. Would suggest a mini fridge. The "continental" breakfast was one of the nicer ones I've seen. Waffles, boiled eggs, Jimmy Dean sandwiches, yogurt, fruit, juices, cereal, hot oatmeal, bagles, milk, coffee (0f course), doughnuts.....and I probably missed something. As you can guess, I would stay at this hoel again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TwoLooseScrews
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Stayed here after having surgery at a Wausau Hospital. Check in was super easy with front desk person being very helpful. Room was extra clean which is really important to me. Stayed two nights. Breakfast was good, coffee was on all day and fresh, housekeeper was very nice and wanted to make sure I had everything I needed to be comfortable after surgery. I needed a late checkout and they were excellent about that as well. Even though it is a little ways from downtown Wausau, it is very easy to get on the highway to get to Wausau quickly. I will always make this my choice when going to Wausau to stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Judging from the condition of the hotel, this is a fairly new place. We stayed over Christmas in 2011. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a pleasant girl at the desk, who was able to accommodate our request for a first floor room. The room was in great shape, with a large television, plenty of space to walk around in, and a clean bathroom. We didn't get to check out many of the facilities - this was only an overnight stay. But we did stop by for breakfast in the morning. I must say this was one of the best continental breakfasts I have ever had. Breakfast sandwiches and make your own waffles accompany the standards (bagels, donuts, etc.) They also had fresh fruit, fruit cups, and a large selection of yogurts. As a non-breakfast person, walking away from this as stuffed as I was is a testament to their options. Check-out was a breeze as well. The price was $100, which is a little high for Wausau, but was well worth it for a clean, comfortable stay. Location is a little off the beaten path, but you're only a few minutes a way from shopping and dining.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Stopped here for a night on the way home from a Packer game. It is a newer hotel and nicer than some of the others I have stayed in in this area. It is exactly what I expect from a Marriott, which is perfect. The beds are great, the pillows work well, the room was clean and the internet was speedy. It is outside of Wausau in a quiet area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway, I could hear the road noise all night
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank burkehouse
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Wausau, WI
5 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Wausau
4 mi away
Days Inn & Suites Wausau

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Wausau? Share your experiences!