I'm a Marriott associate and my family and I stayed here because my father was in the hospital up in Wisconsin Rapids. After a long drive from the Rapids to Wausau, we were ready just to grab something to eat and wind down (especially with my one year old niece in tow). We arrived at the hotel and the gentleman behind the desk was very friendly. We asked about buffets near the hotel and he pulled out a map, highlighting the buffets in the area. Unfortunatly, after the long drive we didn't really want to go far, so we decided to eat at Subway. We got it and brought it back to the hotel and just relaxed the rest of the night.
The room was a nice size and we were able to put the pack and play by one of the beds for my niece. The beds were a good size and really comfortable. The wifi was excellent. The breakfast the next morning was awesome, and it was very welcome after a few stressful days. The only downfall was that housekeeping knocked on our door at 10:00, which is roughly when my niece takes a nap. She didn't wake up and the housekeeper apologized, but it was a "hold your breath" kind of moment because anybody with a young child can tell you nap time is extremally important, especially when you have a 90 minute trip home. We left the room around 11:30 after she woke up and the housekeeper apologized again. I thought that was excellent because I know that everybody has an off day and it's how you handle it afterwards that can be the saving grace.
We didn't stop by the desk on our way out, but seeing as everybody else at the property looked happy to be there, I would assume whoever was at the desk that morning would have been the same way.
Thank you all for your kindness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott of Wausau with easy access from Wisconsin highways US-51, I-39 and WI-29. Our conference center is perfect for weddings and business meetings. Chef Diane Ace can customize breakfast, lunch and dinner for your event or wedding guests. The Wausau Fairfield is minutes from CWA Central Wisconsin Airport, Regal Beloit, Marathon Electric, Wausau Supply, Wausau Financial and Kolbe & Kolbe. Next door is the Weston Regional Medical Center with Ministry Saint Clare’s Hospital and Marshfield Clinic. Visit us for a ski weekend at Granite Peak.The array of choices on our free hot breakfast buffet earn rave reviews from guests, including fresh fruit, scrambled eggs and bacon, oatmeal and Belgian waffle bar. Nearby dining favorites are Brews Brothers Pub, Chang Garden and WISH Wisconsin Steakhouse. This spotless Wausau hotel looks like new, offers free parking and WiFi and boasts an outstanding staff with an unwavering commitment to guest satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Wausau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Wausau
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Wausau Hotel Weston
- Fairfield Inn Wausau
- Fairfield Wausau
- Wausau Fairfield Inn