“Great place for business traveler” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Wausau

Fairfield Inn & Suites Wausau
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Weston
“Great place for business traveler”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

While everything was pretty standard, they did a great job of doing what you expect. Fast service, clean rooms, good hot breakfast area. Lots of channels on TV. I liked the fact that there was no bathtub, but only a shower. Made the shower larger, easier to get in and out. Good call.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

I was required to make a last minute change to my schedule and needed to stay in Wausau. I Booked the hotel on my smart phone using my points and they were ready with my room when I arrived 45 minutes later. The hotel clerk was friendly and I was able to borrow a phone charger. Room was nice and the breakfast area is nice and large and the food was good.

I forgot the phone charger in my room and the cleaning person in the hallway (who had a nice good morning greeting) went out of her way to find me to return it. I didn't have the heart to say it was borrowed but it was nonetheless very impressive customer service.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GhidorziHotelGroup, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wausau, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thanks for sharing your great experience at our hotel. Our team takes pride in making each guest feel welcome, and they will be delighted to know how positively they impacted your stay. Please come again soon.

Kind Regards,
Pat, General Manager
Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Was given an upgrade upon arriving to larger room. That was great. The bed was comfortable and the room large.
The Swimming Pool was just big enough to do laps and the whirlpool was excellent.
The Common area was large and inviting.
Best of all, the breakfast was a full hot breakfast (much more than simply the Jimmy Dean sandwiches you find at most Fairfields - though they had these here too).
Hotel looks new.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Had a great 2 nite stay. Great breakfast in am's. nice pool and hottub. Room was clean and comfortable. Would certainly stay here again if in the area. We were there for a wedding and greatly appreciated the shuttle service to reception and back.

• Stayed September 2013
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

We were very pleased with our stay here. Room was clean, fresh, sheets were very soft. The bed did feel on the older harder side covered up with nice soft sheets, but, it did not hurt the quality of the stay. The breakfast area is great, huge, and inviting. We would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

I'm a Marriott associate and my family and I stayed here because my father was in the hospital up in Wisconsin Rapids. After a long drive from the Rapids to Wausau, we were ready just to grab something to eat and wind down (especially with my one year old niece in tow). We arrived at the hotel and the gentleman behind the desk was very friendly. We asked about buffets near the hotel and he pulled out a map, highlighting the buffets in the area. Unfortunatly, after the long drive we didn't really want to go far, so we decided to eat at Subway. We got it and brought it back to the hotel and just relaxed the rest of the night.

The room was a nice size and we were able to put the pack and play by one of the beds for my niece. The beds were a good size and really comfortable. The wifi was excellent. The breakfast the next morning was awesome, and it was very welcome after a few stressful days. The only downfall was that housekeeping knocked on our door at 10:00, which is roughly when my niece takes a nap. She didn't wake up and the housekeeper apologized, but it was a "hold your breath" kind of moment because anybody with a young child can tell you nap time is extremally important, especially when you have a 90 minute trip home. We left the room around 11:30 after she woke up and the housekeeper apologized again. I thought that was excellent because I know that everybody has an off day and it's how you handle it afterwards that can be the saving grace.

We didn't stop by the desk on our way out, but seeing as everybody else at the property looked happy to be there, I would assume whoever was at the desk that morning would have been the same way.

Thank you all for your kindness.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Came for meeting. Front desk was welcoming. Had a laundry room and well stocked pantry. I used the exercise room, small but good enough. Rooms clean and big. I would stay here again for business. Too remote for pleasure trip. Easy access to highway. Fresh cookies on arrival.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Scott D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau
Courtyard Wausau
Courtyard Wausau
#5 of 10 in Wausau
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Weston

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Wausau? Share your experiences!