“Business trip”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Wausau
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Weston
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The property is easy to find off the freeway, I was recognized as a Marriott rewards member at check in.. The room is basic, but clean with a small refrigerator & ironing board. I did hear freeway noise from my room, but it did not keep me awake at night, nor wake me in the morning. The wake up calls were as requested. The bed comfort was 3/5. The complimentary breakfast was plentiful, including a waffle bar, scrambled & hard boiled eggs, yogurt, breakfast sandwiches to microwave, pasteries/bagels, sausage/bacon & fresh fruit along with juices/coffee & tea. I would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My daughter and i stayed at the hotel for the state basketball tournament. There was plenty of public space and the hotel even gave us our own conference room for team dinner. Rooms were clean and well laid out. Hotel staff was very accommodating to all of our requests and handled the multiple teams staying in the hotel very well. One suggestion would be to pass out a set of "team rules" upon check-in, enforcing a hotel-wide curfew for all the screaming pre-teens. Our team had a curfew, others did not so it was a little loud. We travel a lot for sports with our kids and some hotels have team policies which help all teams get the sleep they need to play the next day.
Breakfast staff were so friendly!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Our room was right by the pool so I was a little bit nervous about the noise level and I knew the hotel would be packed with basketball families over the weekend. It didn't matter though because the rooms were very quiet and not once did I get woken up by any loud noise! The breakfast buffet is awesome and the $6 pizza's you can order up front are the best!
The staff is very friendly and willing to help. I would stay here again for sure!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We were pleasantly surprised at our recent visit to this Fairfield. The hotel had very recently gone through a renovation. It still had that "new carpet" smell! The room was very clean. There were several groups of kids at the hotel due to an apparent basketball tournament in town. I was bracing for a night of noisy kids running the halls. Our room was on an end, but we never heard a sound! The room was extremely quiet. The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate, with plenty of choices; although the bakery items could have been fresher. We used the pool and found the pool area to be very clean and the water temperature was great. The staff was very friendly and helpful We were very happy with our stay.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Basically as advertised: the breakfast was very good and the people were friendly. The rooms were clean. I was a bit disappointed in the small workout room, but at least when I was there it wasn't crowded.

Instead of the treadmills, there are some excellent roads behind the nearby hospital that are great for running. You can also keep going and go over a pedestrian bridge, but that really doesn't take you anywhere great. The close proximity to Rib mountain is great.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed 3 nights at this location, the check-in was smooth and Amanda was timely during the process. When I arrived and was identified by status and allowed my free beverage from the market or points. I also received the upgraded King suite room. The breakfast bar is very robust and I the Internet was sufficient and free. The rooms are a little outdated with hard beds, worn out pillows, and the couch and work desk chairs are a little unconformable after sitting on them awhile. I still slept well considering, as the hotel is quiet. I also enjoyed the walk in shower and large bathroom vanity. Additionally the elliptical machine was not operational and there are no free weights in the exercise function room. The location is in Weston and is at least a 10-minute drive to food establishments. Except for the Brews Brothers restaurant across the highway, which by the way I would definitely recommend and eat there again. Other than the issues I mentioned, the stay was great with great staff and not a one wake up call missed! Good Job. Video on the YouTube channel. If it helps, give me a thumbs up. Thanks for reading.

RetiredArmyRANGER

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
GhidorziHotelGroup, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear Retired Army Ranger,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of our Fairfield Wausau hotel. Our free hot breakfast buffet is a universal hit with guests!

During your next stay, we will have to point out the rack of free weights on the east wall of our fitness room and provide you with our list of restaurants in the immediate vicinity.

The Marriott brand does a great job of keeping their properties fresh and on the cutting edge of comfort and style for guests. We are excited to put their insight to work later this year when we install some of the latest and greatest furniture and finishes from Marriott!

We hope to see you again soon.

Pat, General Manager

Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is my 2nd visit to this location and they are a friendly little hotel with a better than most hot breakfast. I appreciate the upgraded breakfast with enough choices to please most. Hot coffee is available throughout the day which is needed when coming off the ski hills at Granite Peak. They offered free laundry soap and dryer sheets as a guest benefit - nice surprise. We had adjoining rooms so everyone could have their own bed at a very reasonable price. I really enjoy the staff, the fresh cookies upon arrival and the close proximity to the ski hills, and even shopping if you forgot something along the way. The Manager gave us a recommendation for pizza delivery which was wonderful and we went into Wausau for dinner at the Great Dane Brew Pub on a separate night which was delicious and reasonable. Good Value, great hospitality and wonderfully warm hot tub and pool. The hot tub could use a bit of a scrub down and the treadmill was broken but other than that a good trip. Beds could also use a feather topper.

Room Tip: Connecting rooms are available for larger families.