“Best Fairfield Experience Yet”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Wausau
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Weston
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Fairfield Inn is a common destination for me while traveling. They are always consistently comfortable and friendly. This Fairfield is the best I have been in to date. It is newly renovated and has some extra touches that some Fairfields don't have, such as a stereo in the room and a microwave. The breakfast was more extensive than usual, with extra toppings for the waffles such as whiped cream and cherries, as well as an extensive continental selection. The hotel staff has been friendly and extremely accomodating for the entire trip. The channel selection on TV is wonderful and the internet access is readily available and fast. It takes a little bit of weaving on roads to get there, but it is visible from the highway and isn't hard to find in the end. I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to the Wausau area.

Room Tip: The extended king suite is extremely nice, but there is no bathtub, only a very large standup shower...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Love Love this property. It is very very quiet and off the beaten path. Normally we stay at the Hampton up off Stewart Ave when visiting Wausau. The room is good and the only thing negative I have say about the place is the limited housekeeping but they warned about that when making the reservation. However they replenish the towels when dirty and for the most part the stay has been more than exceptional. It's located right next door to the local hospital, so the area feels safe with walking paths and is very well lit.

I would not hesitate for a minute to recommend this place to families and friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I traveled to Wausau on business this past week and was put up in the Fairfield Inn. They are recarpeting the hotel. The whole second floor had brand new carpet (halls & rooms), and I stayed in a new carpet room (#222 - east facing). It smelled a little like new carpet, but as hotel smells go, I think that's a pretty decent smell. The first floor has not had new carpet installed yet, so I think they were in the middle of this process.

The room was clean, the bathroom was clean (I always notice a little gunk along the baseboards). The room has a mini-fridge and a coffee maker. My only real complaint about the room is that there wasn't an electrical outlet convenient to the bed. I had to plug in my phone across the room. The bed was comfortable, the sheets were clean, and there were enough pillows on the bed. The hotel was quiet as well.

The hotel offers a continental and light hot breakfast. I did not eat breakfast, but I did drink the coffee. The coffee was VERY weak. If you like strong coffee, find a Starbucks. This coffee wasn't for me.

The hotel has an indoor pool and fitness room (I did not use either) as well as a nice-sized dining room. The hotel is next door to the local hospital, and my favorite thing about staying at the hotel was being able to walk after hours around the hospital and feel perfectly safe. The area is well-lit, well groomed, and very safe.

1  Thank Alison O
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights for a conference. The hotel was nice and breakfast was delicious - great choices. Would have liked it they had more variety at the "shop" for lunch/dinner choices or maybe even offered a dinner menu. Pool area was great, workout space was wonderful. Room was basic but fit all of our needs. Hotel staff was friendly, conference room was a little temperature unfriendly. Overall would recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

The property is easy to find off the freeway, I was recognized as a Marriott rewards member at check in.. The room is basic, but clean with a small refrigerator & ironing board. I did hear freeway noise from my room, but it did not keep me awake at night, nor wake me in the morning. The wake up calls were as requested. The bed comfort was 3/5. The complimentary breakfast was plentiful, including a waffle bar, scrambled & hard boiled eggs, yogurt, breakfast sandwiches to microwave, pasteries/bagels, sausage/bacon & fresh fruit along with juices/coffee & tea. I would stay here again when in the area.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My daughter and i stayed at the hotel for the state basketball tournament. There was plenty of public space and the hotel even gave us our own conference room for team dinner. Rooms were clean and well laid out. Hotel staff was very accommodating to all of our requests and handled the multiple teams staying in the hotel very well. One suggestion would be to pass out a set of "team rules" upon check-in, enforcing a hotel-wide curfew for all the screaming pre-teens. Our team had a curfew, others did not so it was a little loud. We travel a lot for sports with our kids and some hotels have team policies which help all teams get the sleep they need to play the next day.
Breakfast staff were so friendly!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Our room was right by the pool so I was a little bit nervous about the noise level and I knew the hotel would be packed with basketball families over the weekend. It didn't matter though because the rooms were very quiet and not once did I get woken up by any loud noise! The breakfast buffet is awesome and the $6 pizza's you can order up front are the best!
The staff is very friendly and willing to help. I would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wausau
Courtyard Wausau
Courtyard Wausau
#6 of 11 in Wausau
Best Western Plus Wausau-Rothschild Hotel

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Wausau? Share your experiences!